General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

SLOW Window

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:43 AM

SLOW Window

After taking the car out with the windows down, I pull it in the garage and start to roll up the windows. The drivers side is lighting fast...however the passanger one is dog slow! It will go up about an inch at the most, then I have to continue to come outside to roll it up each inch and let it sit again. I had to replace the window switches about a year ago...I'm thinking its the window motor, but would like to make sure thats what it is! I'm sure someone else has had these problems, seems like FBodies typically are all built the same LOL. Any help or advice is greatly appriciated.

P.S. Cost of the product I need to replace also!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 AM

Re: SLOW Window

Sounds like the window motor. Replacement guide can be found here.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Administrator

We have specific forums for specific topics. "SLOW window" doesn't belong in "LT1 Engine Tech". Please post in correct forum.

Moving to "General......."
Old 07-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Before you go on and replace the motor, I would try the window fix to see if it helps. My drivers side window was amazingly slow and would stop after moving up about 5 inches. I would have to wait another 10 minutes for it to work and then it would only move up 5 more inches. I did the fix on it and now it rolls up with no problems and is really quick. It's worth a shot if you are going to replace the motor anyways...
Old 07-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by RedRyder518
Before you go on and replace the motor, I would try the window fix to see if it helps. My drivers side window was amazingly slow and would stop after moving up about 5 inches. I would have to wait another 10 minutes for it to work and then it would only move up 5 more inches. I did the fix on it and now it rolls up with no problems and is really quick. It's worth a shot if you are going to replace the motor anyways...

I wish I knew what he was talking about in the link.
I open up my motor from my 88 and had no idea what to do.
Can some body post some better pictures on what I am looking for?
And tell me what I am doing in the motor.

Chris G.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:45 PM

Just so you know, a new window motor runs about $55. I just replaced mine myself last week with the help of shbox.com. By the way the new motor comes with a lifetime warranty, if it ever fails they will replace it with a new one.