General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

The Rats Nest

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 07:51 PM

The Rats Nest

So I'm trying to clean up the mess in my engine bay. What appears to be several years of neglect and dirt, a car stereo, a neon light system and an alarm. I was able to get most of the wires out of the engine bay for the stereo and alarm. I have systematically removed the neon from under the car too and that is now in the trash .

When I traced the wores for the alarm back through the firewall I found a rats nest of a mess connected to the alarm module under the dash. I tried to unhook the alarm and then the car wouldn't start so I promptly hooked it back up.

I do not have a remote and there is no power too it. I should get some pics and show you the mess...

The question is leave well enough alone or should I take a few hours and try to piece it back together? It is a mess, you can't see it and the car starts now so I am inclined to forget about it. But I know some of you are like me, and it will always be in the back of my mind.

Maybe a project for the winter while she's in storage?

Thanks all,

Matt
Old 06-28-2005, 12:13 PM

Re: The Rats Nest

Get the electrical manuals from these guys and do it in the winter. http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=
Old 06-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Re: The Rats Nest

Great idea! I'm sure I will be looking for something to do. I was worried about doing right now and screwing up the ignition wiring and not having a car for the summer. I also downloaded the Viper install guide so between the two of them I should be able to piece it together.

I think there's elec diagrams in the back of my Haynes manual. Maybe I'll take a look at those.