General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

radiator low level sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 PM

radiator low level sensor

I have a 1995Z-28,on dash it shows low coolant light,level seems fine.Do I need to replace sensor,if so how expensive are they?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 AM

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#low_coolant_lamp

Shop online for a price.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:04 PM

radiator sensor

Thanks for your reply shoebox,I appreciate the help 1995camaroZ-28
Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 PM

I don't mean to highjack the thread but I have a low coolant sensor light question myself. Thanks for the link shoebox but it did not address my problem. I recently did a MAJOR rebuild on my 1993 z (some photos are in my public profile album here on the site if you are interested). Because we went with a LT4 383 rebuild we went with a larger capacity radiator. The low coolant light came on from the very beginning after the engine went back in. It was done by a local speed shop that I ended up have too many problems with to tell. When I first asked about it (before I even picked it up for the first time) he said he would check it and ended up replacing the sensor. However the light was still on, so it was an issue he was going to address after we got the break in and retune done. I gave the car back to him and what was supposed to be a three day fix all the small stuff deal it turned into almost 2 months and the light still wasn't fixed. Finally when I threatened to just take the car and have it looked at by someone else he said it was in the wiring harness. Several weeks later when I threatened to get the police involved to get my car back (the bill was paid) he said the light was now out but now it didn't work at all. He said he cut out a diode in the harness that needed to be replaced and then couldn't find a replacement through gm or anyone to include the local radio shack. I took the car anyway and asked for the old diode so I could work on replacing it and sure as s#@& he couldn't find what he had done with it. So now I have no low coolant light and while I am good about my maintenance and check the level myself regularly I would really love to have everything functional again. Can you help any at all with this? I can post this in the electrical tech support area as well but since there was already a thread here dealing with it I figured I would give it a shot.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by AirborneZ
I don't mean to highjack the thread...
But you did.

Thanks for the link shoebox but it did not address my problem.
How could it, if you hadn't posted your problem. The response was not intended to address your problem.

I recently did a MAJOR rebuild on my 1993 z (some photos are in my public profile album here on the site if you are interested). Because we went with a LT4 383 rebuild we went with a larger capacity radiator. The low coolant light came on from the very beginning after the engine went back in. It was done by a local speed shop that I ended up have too many problems with to tell. When I first asked about it (before I even picked it up for the first time) he said he would check it and ended up replacing the sensor. However the light was still on, so it was an issue he was going to address after we got the break in and retune done. I gave the car back to him and what was supposed to be a three day fix all the small stuff deal it turned into almost 2 months and the light still wasn't fixed. Finally when I threatened to just take the car and have it looked at by someone else he said it was in the wiring harness. Several weeks later when I threatened to get the police involved to get my car back (the bill was paid) he said the light was now out but now it didn't work at all. He said he cut out a diode in the harness that needed to be replaced and then couldn't find a replacement through gm or anyone to include the local radio shack. I took the car anyway and asked for the old diode so I could work on replacing it and sure as s#@& he couldn't find what he had done with it. So now I have no low coolant light and while I am good about my maintenance and check the level myself regularly I would really love to have everything functional again. Can you help any at all with this? I can post this in the electrical tech support area as well but since there was already a thread here dealing with it I figured I would give it a shot.
You don't have to post it in the "electrical tech support area"..... this forum is fine. But its much better to start your own thread than to interfere with someone elses.