General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Push start button?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Re: Push start button?

Here is the set of directions I used. Not too hard of an install...30 mins...

http://members.***.net/pitre/s2000sw.htm#006

There is also a good schematic here

Last edited by neonblack; 02-25-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:57 PM

I had a start button on mine, used a crappy button from NAPA (lol). Never used it after some time, cos I'd either forget or just turn the key all the way rather than turning it on and moving my hand again to press the button ... yes, I'm that lazy. I mounted it right next to the A/C switches next to the gauges. Tapped into the wires coming off the ignition switch. Got tired of it after a while and rewired the switch to power up an OOGA HORN (lol) that I got for my b'day. Now, everytime I see a cutie walking down the road, I go OOOOOGA .... lol, that's a LOT more fun than a starter switch.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:32 AM

.....I deleted EVERYTHING on my steering column. Moved it all to an aluminum panel that I put under the dash. A push/pull switch for ignition. Push button for start. On/Off Toggle switch for accessories. On/off/On Toggle switch for turn signals. Two On/Off Toggle switches for the wipers {1 for low speed, 1 for high speed. Don't care about internitint wipers. Catch this; the day that I cut my intermitint wipers off I went on the computer and read that the guy that INVENTED them had died that day!}. And a button for the water to clean the windshield. Still have to hook up a set up for the high/low beams. Don't ever use cruise, I took it off long ago. Never use my emergency flashers {all they do is give me a dead battery}. Although in cases where I do have an emergency I always call Triple A so I guess if I had a dead battery in addition to what the original problem was it wouldn't really matter. So the only thing on my column is the tilt. I'm going to make an aluminum piece to go around their. Anyway if anyone wants to do any of this I'll tell you which color wires go where. I can't read a schematic so colors are what I go by. For theft security I wired in a hidden switch because I have no ignition switch {no steering lock either} Why did I do all of this??? Cuz ALL the stuff on my steering column was broken {high/low beam, wipers, turn signals, cruise] and it was cheaper and I just plain old wanted to ...... zzz
Old 03-01-2005, 08:19 AM

I read the schematic at this site and understand it completely. The only question i have is if i left the starter wire intact and only tapped into it from the relay would the switch still work and at the same time retain option of starting it using a key so my dad doesn't freak out when my car wont start when he needs to move it.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:26 PM

Anyone know how much that s2000 start button costs? Just curious.

Brandon
Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by trans9_5am
Anyone know how much that s2000 start button costs? Just curious.

Brandon

$40.28 shipped (to MO) from handa accessories
Old 03-01-2005, 10:35 PM

Thanks man

Brandon
Old 03-01-2005, 10:58 PM

badass mod!!! I'm in!!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by billsbird
.....I deleted EVERYTHING on my steering column. Moved it all to an aluminum panel that I put under the dash. A push/pull switch for ignition. Push button for start. On/Off Toggle switch for accessories. On/off/On Toggle switch for turn signals. Two On/Off Toggle switches for the wipers {1 for low speed, 1 for high speed. Don't care about internitint wipers. Catch this; the day that I cut my intermitint wipers off I went on the computer and read that the guy that INVENTED them had died that day!}. And a button for the water to clean the windshield. Still have to hook up a set up for the high/low beams. Don't ever use cruise, I took it off long ago. Never use my emergency flashers {all they do is give me a dead battery}. Although in cases where I do have an emergency I always call Triple A so I guess if I had a dead battery in addition to what the original problem was it wouldn't really matter. So the only thing on my column is the tilt. I'm going to make an aluminum piece to go around their. Anyway if anyone wants to do any of this I'll tell you which color wires go where. I can't read a schematic so colors are what I go by. For theft security I wired in a hidden switch because I have no ignition switch {no steering lock either} Why did I do all of this??? Cuz ALL the stuff on my steering column was broken {high/low beam, wipers, turn signals, cruise] and it was cheaper and I just plain old wanted to ...... zzz
thats an awful lot of work and ghetto-ness considering a new stalk is like $45
Old 03-02-2005, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
thats an awful lot of work and ghetto-ness considering a new stalk is like $45
__________________________________________________ ________

....ghetto-ness, LOL, good one Blue89Bird! Yes, you are partially
right. But not only was the stalk broken {so THATS what they call
that piece!}. Anyway, the high/low beam metal shaft was so bent that
it was jamed in there so it was stuck on low beam {better than high!}. The actual blinker swith was broken off so in order
to use the blinkers you had to stick your finger in the stalk [getting it all
greasy & cut up}. So this meant that the wipers didn't work right either.
wiper/blinker unit was hanging down 8" under the steering column and
when you turned the wipers off the end fell out and was almost impossible
to put back in while driving {I tried a wire tie .... None of the radio controlls
in the wheel worked {to be more precise the radio doesn't work, so I guess I don't need the controls anyway, huh?}. Anyway, one day I climbed in to start it and the ignition switch just spun around in a big circle. The cheapest way to fix it correctly would of been to purchace a complete column. And I had almost no money. So hence, my good old friend Mickey Mouse steped in to help! ..... Plus there was a little bit of 'method to my madness'. I'm having a '32 Ford 3 Window Coupe 'roller package' built for me. Well, I've ended up having the place go a little farther than a 'roller package'. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wire it myself or not. Thought I'd try my hand at some wiring .
Well it turns out that I enjoyed doing the wiring work, so I'll wire the '32 myself. AND you have never seen what a piece of junk my car is! Big time 'beat up'! Probably only worth whatever an LT1 engine, trans, and rear end with 130,000 miles is worth. $1500 at best on a 'lucky day'? I have spent ALL my money every month for 9 months on my '32, other wise I'd of long ago gotten a newer LS1 & just junked the '94. Actually I'll keep the '94 to just 'play with'. You know, strip it down, see how fast I can get it by just removing parts. Maybe put a nitrous system on it. Just a 'junker toy'. After I get the '32 going I'll buy a used excellent LS1 {used? I guess buying 'used' is our ONLY option now, huh?}. But anyway, thats my story & I'm sticking to it
........ Bill

Last edited by billsbird; 03-02-2005 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:30 PM

have any pics of all this lol. i wouldnt mind taking a gander at what all youve done.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by camaroKid223
have any pics of all this lol. i wouldnt mind taking a gander at what all youve done.
......ah ha, so you like to look at Mickey Moused things??? Ok then, I'll give ya a
good laugh ... I don't have a digital camera but I'll get some Poloroid film for my Poloroid in the next couple of days and try to post the pic's. I've never posted any pic's on any web sites so I'd like to try. It'll be good practice. Give me a few days..... Bill

ps, what a see a naked picture of my girl friend also????

Last edited by billsbird; 03-03-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by billsbird
......ah ha, so you like to look at Mickey Moused things??? Ok then, I'll give ya a
good laugh ... I don't have a digital camera but I'll get some Poloroid film for my Poloroid in the next couple of days and try to post the pic's. I've never posted any pic's on any web sites so I'd like to try. It'll be good practice. Give me a few days..... Bill

ps, what a see a naked picture of my girl friend also????
if u want email them to me and I'll host them. And yeah sure, why not.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
if u want email them to me and I'll host them. And yeah sure, why not.
Jason,
Do you really want the pictures of the dash? or just the girlfriend? Bill

ps, yes I'll e-mail you the pictures......

Last edited by billsbird; 03-03-2005 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:14 AM

that is hot.

Quick Reply: Push start button?