General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

problems with window.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:20 PM

problems with window.

ive been having this annoying problem with my drivers side window. I replaced the window motor and what not a few years ago and it seemed to work just fine for awhile. For the longest time now it has been a pain in the *** and will just stop working out of no where. At first i could just bang on the door a lil bit and it would work or i would grab the window and shake it alil bit while trying to put it up or down and it would usually start to work. Now it is just getting stuck more and more and barely wants to work. Does anyone know what this could be? I know i should just take the door panel off and check but not sure what to check for? any help would be great.. this is just a really stressful thing when ur driving and it starts pouring and ur window wont go up.. or when you park and your window doesnt go up.. its really annoying..
Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Re: problems with window.

Probably time for another motor transplant.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:59 PM

Try to find an OEM unit, I went through 3 parts house units on each side over the past 10 years. Also, to facilitate an easier install, look up the directions on drilling the 3 holes in the fiberglass. This will make access MUCH easier and also will allow you to drill the bracket attached to the regulator slightly in order to install the larger bolts/nuts that come with the motor. IMO the larger mounting hardware helps to keep the motor from deflecting when under torque. If you have a 1/4 straight handle (like a screwdriver that you can put 1/4 sockets on), this too will help with the install as you will need to get a 6mm socket in there somehow. Keep in mind that you will need to support the window in the up position to do this, I use two strong clamps. I position one partially on the rubber triangle nearest the mirror and on the glass itself. The other clamp I place on the bottom corner of the glass where the door itself meets the door jam. Good luck.

Charlie
Old 08-22-2011, 05:05 PM

dont mean to hijack , but i have been having a similar problem.is this the normal sign for the motor going out?i was thinking it might be that auto switch.mine will either roll down once perfectly , or up once perfectly then for the next couple hours it goes a couple inches , then stops.you wait a few minutes , then it moves again.........aggravating!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by sweetsoul
dont mean to hijack , but i have been having a similar problem.is this the normal sign for the motor going out?i was thinking it might be that auto switch.mine will either roll down once perfectly , or up once perfectly then for the next couple hours it goes a couple inches , then stops.you wait a few minutes , then it moves again.........aggravating!
It has been my experience in the 10+ years that I have had the Camaro. That said, I have never had to replace my window switch...however I am but one person. I have done MANY swaps for friends and the symptoms range from what you have described to completely void of function. I am sure there is a way to test the switch, but my experience ends here.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:49 AM

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...ndow+motor+omg

Yes, it does work. i did my passenger side a few weeks ago. some have better luck with speed, but mine does not stop every few inches any more.