General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

pressure test

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 02:30 PM

Re: pressure test

Your scan program will show if the sensor is working properly.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Your scan program will show if the sensor is working properly.
the sensor is working properly i tested it with a voltmeter i am gettin codes 14 15 26,27,70,77,84. i am going to have to the short by with a thermo tester and voltmeter but for now i will wire a fan switch in until i have time to find the short. as for the evap and egr i wouldlike advice on how to tackle that problem.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by warmeck
........ i tested the sensor and it was faulty. so im going to buy another one tomorrow morning.its kinda wierd becuase the coolant temp sensor is brand new soi guess it was faulty from the box?
the sensor is working properly i tested it with a voltmeter i am gettin codes 14 15 26,27,70,77,84. i am going to have to the short by with a thermo tester and voltmeter but for now i will wire a fan switch in until i have time to find the short. as for the evap and egr i wouldlike advice on how to tackle that problem.
How can we help you if you can't decide if the CLT sensor is "faulty" or "working properly"?

You did the same with the fan relays.... you indicate the fans came on when you shorted the ALDL pins, but you have a code for a bad relay circuit.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
How can we help you if you can't decide if the CLT sensor is "faulty" or "working properly"?

You did the same with the fan relays.... you indicate the fans came on when you shorted the ALDL pins, but you have a code for a bad relay circuit.
i do not know what is going on... i clearly said that the fans came on when i shorted the ALDL i also tested the fans with a wire. i then ran a scan on the car again and now i have all these troubles codes. i am going to test the wires for the CLT again and see whats going on. there is an electrical problem in this car as you can see with all the trouble codes. i would appeciate it if you could just work with me in fixing these codes. i bought a voltmeter and a thermo tester so i will be going through these codes and seeing where these bad wires are. I dont understand why you have to give me an attitude as i am still learning so cut me some slack.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:47 AM
Administrator

...... i would appeciate it if you could just work with me in fixing these codes....... I dont understand why you have to give me an attitude as i am still learning so cut me some slack.
Hold on friend... I've spent HOURS responding to your poorly written posts. I have offered numerous suggestions, most of which you totally ignore.

You're the one who seems to lack basic common sense. If you aren't happy with my "attitude", at least understand where it's coming from.

Good luck. I'm done.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Hold on friend... I've spent HOURS responding to your poorly written posts. I have offered numerous suggestions, most of which you totally ignore.

You're the one who seems to lack basic common sense. If you aren't happy with my "attitude", at least understand where it's coming from.

Good luck. I'm done.
i am not saying i dont appreciate your suggestions and help. i just would like to know whats going on with my car. i am very frustrated. i have done some methods to determine if the fans were running like 1, unplugging the sensor and waiting for it to get to operating temp(fans did not come on) 2. testing it with DLC port(it did come on) 3. testing the fans by hooking it up to the battery(they did come on) so i now know my fans do work. now i have to test the wires with a voltmeter and thermo tester which i will be doing in the next couple of days, because i am getting those codes. i absoultely do want your guidance if this is not the right step to take...

Last edited by warmeck; 05-31-2015 at 11:33 AM.