Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1

Passenger Side Mirror help

I don't know how this happened whether it's just age or someone ran past my car in the driveway and hit my mirror but it's somewhat broken off the car. Do I need to replace the whole mirror or can I somehow get the inside bracket that the mirror bolts to? Pictures are attached if they are helpful. I can take more if it somehow helps.

Thanks in advance.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
MAC Headers, K&N FIPK, Borla CatBack, !TB Bypass, BMR STB, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, 160 Stat, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS1 Brake Upgrade, Poly Trans Mount, SLP Clutch/Pressure Plate, Delphi XM SkyFi2 Radio, 97+ Console, ValentineOne Radar Locator, 2000 T/A Monsoon Radio, 12-Disc Delco CD Changer
Laymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Premium Member

Garage
Re: Passenger Side Mirror help

It looks like it is broken, is not repairable, and is hanging just by the wires. But you should remove it to examine the mount closer to see if it can be fixed. You may be able to remove it without removing the door panel if you can reach the electrical connector behind the panel after removing the triangular piece covering the mirror's mounting screws.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #3

Gary, thanks for replying. It was just hanging on by the wires before I tried to get it back on. I believe I have it on by 1 or 2 screws right now and 1 of the screw mounts is definitely broken on a plastic mount. Is the mount something separate? Are the plastic and metal brackets interchangeable?
MAC Headers, K&N FIPK, Borla CatBack, !TB Bypass, BMR STB, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, 160 Stat, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS1 Brake Upgrade, Poly Trans Mount, SLP Clutch/Pressure Plate, Delphi XM SkyFi2 Radio, 97+ Console, ValentineOne Radar Locator, 2000 T/A Monsoon Radio, 12-Disc Delco CD Changer
Old 05-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Premium Member

Garage

I have no idea. You now have more information/experience than I in this matter.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #5

Garage

unfortunately, ive never taken an f body mirror off, but ive taken some other gm ones off, and they usually have 3 studs molded into the plastic. its pretty common for the plastic frame to break. The one i worked on had one broken off, and the mirror was a bit floppy, but since it was an econobox and the owner didnt wanna spend to much money, i superglued the plastic back together, and it went in fine. This was 2 years ago, and still no issues. i think its worth a shot
rv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #6

RV thanks for the suggestion on the super glue but I don't have the missing pieces.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM

Reply Post New Thread