Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #1

Angry Overheating Problem

I have 95 z28 camaro lt1. It keeps overheating it got out of the shop the mechanics said the car was fine, it wasnt. I was driving down the highway and it was doing fine I pulled off to a stop light and it started getting hot like 260 hot. Anyone have any ideas? its had a new temp sensor a new water pump a new fans and honestly im stumped.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Jake Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to Wilson Send a message via AIM to Wilson Send a message via Yahoo to Wilson
Re: Overheating Problem

Try bleeding the coolant system via the bleeder screws. You might have air in the system.
93 Z28 w/ ZR28Kit & Fx-5 Suspension, 17" SS rims, LS1 brakes w/braided lines, 1LE Swaybars, slotted rotors, Custom Chip by ME, pullies, ASM 52mm, CC 1.6 non-aligning 7/16 rockers, ported heads, Mezeire waterpump,SLP headers w/2100* PBM coating, 24#SVO injectors, Metco afpr w/fuel rail gage,OverMade4You wire looms & custom wires ,LT4 Valve cover, TransGo, etc....To many to list
Check out my homepage at:
My Website
***NEED TO INSTALL***
LT4 Hotcam
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Premium Member

Garage

Were the fans running at 260 degrees?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #4

the fans were supposed to be i was driving so i couldnt tell. Ive bleed the system already aswell
Old 01-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Garage

To clarify - did you take it to the shop because it was overheating? Did the shop replace the parts you mentioned, then indicate it was operating OK when you picked it up? Have you asked the shop why it's still overheating?

Is the SES light on? Has it been scanned for codes? Is that why they replaced the coolant temp sensor?

What procedure did you use to bleed the air out of the system?

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #6

yes i did. yes they did replace the parts mentioned and they said it was running perfect. Theyre not open yet all they said was that lt1 were designed to run hot. Im pretty sure its not supposed to be at the 260 line. it was raised on a lift and bleed from the upper radiator hose being pulled out and the bleeders.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Wilson Send a message via AIM to Wilson Send a message via Yahoo to Wilson

Stuck thermostat or they put in a sbc thermostat instead of the one for a lt1? Try grab the upper radiator hose when it's running hot. You should feel the coolant running. If not my guess is thermostat.

Mine hardly runs over 190 with electric water pump and 160 thermostat. However, it did run close to red when the original radiator was clogged or going bad.
93 Z28 w/ ZR28Kit & Fx-5 Suspension, 17" SS rims, LS1 brakes w/braided lines, 1LE Swaybars, slotted rotors, Custom Chip by ME, pullies, ASM 52mm, CC 1.6 non-aligning 7/16 rockers, ported heads, Mezeire waterpump,SLP headers w/2100* PBM coating, 24#SVO injectors, Metco afpr w/fuel rail gage,OverMade4You wire looms & custom wires ,LT4 Valve cover, TransGo, etc....To many to list
Check out my homepage at:
My Website
***NEED TO INSTALL***
LT4 Hotcam

Last edited by Wilson; 01-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 PM

Reply Post New Thread