General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

No airflow to dash vents, couple quick questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 PM

No airflow to dash vents, couple quick questions.

Ok so heres some background, my airflow to my dash vents is currently non existent. Before I had a little, but only while on the 3rd setting on the fan ****. Now theres nothing. I can faintly feel a little comin from the defrost vent when on cold, cant feel nothing on hot though.

Im gonna finally have a chance to get under the hood and take a look, weather permitting this friday and saturday. Id take it to a shop but last month was an expensive repair month with my opti going and the replacement of that, the water pump, and the timing cover while it was all apart, so I figured it give this a go by myself. Doesnt look to difficult according to shoeboxes guide.

So from what i get, im going to the RH rear of the engine compartment, locating the vacume test valve, and pretty much pulling off lines and creating a vaccum to see if they hold, 3 in total. And also checking the valve itself for cracks.

My question is the part opf the guide that says "The line to the intake manifold will have to be removed at the manifold and plugged back toward the check valve for you to test the line for leaks." So am i removing both ends of this line and plugging the manifold end, and checking for vaccum on the test valve end?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by usd610

My question is the part opf the guide that says "The line to the intake manifold will have to be removed at the manifold and plugged back toward the check valve for you to test the line for leaks." So am i removing both ends of this line and plugging the manifold end, and checking for vaccum on the test valve end?
That is merely to isolate the line and see if it holds vacuum. Vacuum tester on one end and plugged on the other.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 PM

thanks for the quick reply, hopefully its a simple leak in an old vac line or the check valve.