General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

New 1/4 times.....I'm pissed

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 05:41 PM

Nope haven't change the gear oil.....so it can't be that, but now that i think about it one was always darker......maybe who i bought it from like 2 years ago didn't add it

I had the DR's at 20.5psi in the rear had taken it out the night before to find the perfect psi.......and have heard from others that was a good psi.

And yes the stall was comming, but know i have to find out what is wrong........any ideas? It's not plugs or wires or fuel filter.....those have just been done.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:51 PM

O yea and when doing a burn out it would make noise.....not loud or anything just like a little weird noise. It would also jerk to the left when they would break lose never felt it like that before.

Also i got smoke off those tires way to easy......felt like there was nothing there.....or only on tire i am thinking.

The baseline on the 60's should be 2.043 because that is what i was running before i put it away.......this track is one of the best preped tracks from what i hear from people that travel around......quite a few big boys come there.

the O2 sensor's were put in a year ago with the headers, i check the wires every day since the dealorship laid on on the header......(long story there) The only thing that hasen't been changed is the opti, but it sounds like it runs really strong.

When it was stock (air induction) i could usually only get 14.7 or 14.8

How do i check that vacum lines? What should they be at? If they are low what happens?

Also can someone explain the front sway bar thing to me......i see many people pull them out? Can't help that much can it?

My motor just must be falling apart
Old 04-08-2004, 05:56 PM

They said i needed a vavle job a long time ago......told them no because they wanted 2 grand and i can buy new heads for that..........could that be my problem........It has a 123,000miles on it
Old 04-08-2004, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by "White Knight"
They said i needed a vavle job a long time ago......told them no because they wanted 2 grand and i can buy new heads for that..........could that be my problem........It has a 123,000miles on it
WHAT???? You gotta be mistaken. No one charges 2k for a valve job.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:37 PM

No, I am F-ing serious........i lauged in his face seriously.......It was the Chevy Dealer. They had the head pulled already, because i had broke the manifold bolt off--i tried for a week to get it out and couldn't. And i am sure that is what he said. I already had about 1800 in labor for pulling the head and having it machined out, and the header finished.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:51 PM

prob a dumb suggestion, but have you had the fuel system cleaned, either proffesionally or with the fuel system cleaners at Autozone or the like? Check to see how much others charge for a valve job. Good Luck. Maybe you should get it dynoed