General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Need a photo. Can anyone help?

Old 07-02-2010, 04:00 PM

Need a photo. Can anyone help?

Was having a discussion with a friend about Rally Wheels. He told me he had a set of 15x8 Rallys that were on his car when he bought it. It is a first gen Monte Carlo.

Of course, the first thing I thought was Corvette Rallys that I would put on my 2nd gen Camaro. I go to meet him and what do I find, but 7 inch wide rallys. The kind that I believe came either on the Base Model 3rd gen Camaro or Berlinetta. I believe I had seen them new in the 1987-1990 model years. That are in my opinion ugly. They are the steel ones with the trim ring and center cap. They are not the ones like they put on the S10s.

Can anyone please post or email Bryan@ERA.com a clear photo of them complete with trim ring and center cap and tell me for sure what years they were available. My friend only got the wheels on the car and no trim rings or center caps and I wanted to show him what they looked like complete.

I really appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. Have a great holiday weekend!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 PM

A Google image search should find you all kinds of rally wheel pics.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 PM

I have done that and searched everywhere I can think of and have had no luck or I would have not bothered anyone here. Found lots, but not the ones I am referring to.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 PM

From your post, I really can't figure out which wheels you really mean.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Quick 15 second search turned up several references, including a youtube video of Monte Carlo Rally wheels. Appears they are a slotted steel wheel, with a chrome center cap and a trim ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPg8...eature=related
Old 07-03-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
From your post, I really can't figure out which wheels you really mean.
All I can tell you is that they are some sort of rally style factory GM wheel that is a grey painted steel wheel with a trim ring and a center cap that I remember being on either base model Camaros or Berlinetta model Camaros somewhere around the 1987 to 1990 model years. They are different than any other rally style wheel I have seen from GM.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Quick 15 second search turned up several references, including a youtube video of Monte Carlo Rally wheels. Appears they are a slotted steel wheel, with a chrome center cap and a trim ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPg8...eature=related
Those are early Corvette style rally wheels. The ones you posted in the video were never offered from GM on the 3rd gen Camaro. I can easily find all the photos of them I want.

The ones I am talking about were, as far as I know and can remember, never offered on anything other than a 3rd gen Camaro.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by TwoBryans
Those are early Corvette style rally wheels. The ones you posted in the video were never offered from GM on the 3rd gen Camaro. I can easily find all the photos of them I want.

The ones I am talking about were, as far as I know and can remember, never offered on anything other than a 3rd gen Camaro.
This wheel?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
This wheel?

I really appreciate your help! That's the one! You are the man! Do you know what years they were used for sure?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by TwoBryans
I really appreciate your help! That's the one! You are the man! Do you know what years they were used for sure?
The picture came from thirdgen.org 1987 brochure. You might try there. I don't know much about what was offered on 3rd gens.