General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Need help on 67 SS build

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:27 PM

Need help on 67 SS build

new to this site,,here goes,got a 67SS factory air from a good friend of mine that needed some money,he was in process of rebuilding car,,all new metal,car came with all kind of new parts etc,new rally whells 8"/10'...Im no gear head but always wanted a older Camaro...here is where im at right now,we are reeady to set tranny and 427 engine(should be about 510 hp at least)car has high dollar rearend ,auburn lockers ,i can get all the details on that later,,,Im the 3rd or 4th owner of car,,im trying to do this right,,its not matching number car,,so im gonna just do it like i want,,i will use it to go to shows,but i want to be able to take roadtrips etc,,
ok,,guy thats building it for says i might wanna do something to suspension/front end since he says those cars handled like crap,,my buddy that i got it from says put running gearin and motot and drive,,he said car drove and handled great,,its got new bushings,frame connects etc..I was thinking maybe spending some money on something from hotchkis or something like that,,spoke w another guys,he says put the best shocks and rubber you can afford,,so whatever im gonna do on front end etc needs to get ordered asap so we can get motor in,,would i be messing up with doing nothing right now,,then seeing if car handles good enough or not,if not do that later,,
also looking for some cool gauges,thinking whiteface gauges,
car is going to be white w hugger orange stripes,,
What could i do to the handling of the car to get the best bang for the buck?
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Roddog