General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

missing n hesitating

Old 07-26-2015, 06:08 PM

Re: missing n hesitating

Originally Posted by Fatdog2
This is a quote from an LT1 rebuild guy here in Cal. 2009.Check the connector wire between the ECM and the OPTI.Often gets melted by engine heat.Hope this helps.(Sorry if this was mentioned before).But please post when you get this fixed.
All good fatdog2 I appreciate ur information a lot, n ur ideas. Thank u yea I'll let u guys know,at work now haven't gotten to the camaro yet,working 7 days this week lol
Old 07-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Here is a copy and paste of his Signature:

Mike
RedBlk 94 Z28 135k LT1,M6,KN cai pace setter long tube headers no cats,bbk 58mm throttle body,strut brace,egr&AC delete,Eibach rear lower control arms,umi pan hard bar,Ght pipe,proxes,drag radials custom tune,S3 racing clutch,cloyes timing chain,kyb shocks
My intent here is to help move this thread toward resolution, nothing else.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Here is a copy and paste of his Signature:

My intent here is to help move this thread toward resolution, nothing else.
Thank u I am sorry,I decided f it I'm doing my lifters, n my heads done just to know that I did them n on my list of what's done,gonna do a bigger cam as well,still have the jerking whatever gonna just start over n do my own plans

Last edited by 94Z28LS1toLT1; 07-28-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:55 PM

One of heads two roller rockers the screws that hold them are stripped on my passenger side,n that's where I hear the misfire at I hope that's the source to my hesitating n jerking,just got 4 header bolts left to get off that are super tight,got intake manifold off,wp off,distributor off, gonna get my beast to be faster n reach my goal
Old 08-04-2015, 05:23 PM

Where can I buy all this stuff I'm going to need it
Lifters
Head bolts set
Double rolling timing chain
Roller rockers
Good head gasket set
Harmonic balancer
Maybe a cam bigger one
Rocker arm screws,ones that hold the rocker arms down
Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 PM

Summit or Jegs
Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Since it appears you have found the problem regarding the missing and hesitating, might be a good idea to start a new thread on the selection and sourcing of parts for the upgrades. Include a list of mods you already have, and the mods you are planning to install. If there is a specific performance goal or a limited budget, mention it.

Couple questions I had:

Might not need a double roller timing setup. Stocker works fine, unless you have some sort of exotic, high lift, radical lobe, solid roller cam (I use the LT4 Extreme Duty timing set). As far as I know, there is no double roller replacement that incorporates the splined center hole in the cam sprocket for the 93/94 Opti drive shaft. (Maybe that's changed????) Hence, you would require a vented (95-97) Opti conversion. Shoebox has the parts list for that. New vented Opti, 95 timing cover, new Opti short harness, vacuum harness.

4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles

Might not need a harmonic balancer (it's actually a damper, not a balancer). Stocker works fine, unless you are looking at a very high RPM cam setup (I use the ATI Super Damper). That's a big expense, unless you get one of the Chinese clones. Stock damper is probably better than those.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Since it appears you have found the problem regarding the missing and hesitating, might be a good idea to start a new thread on the selection and sourcing of parts for the upgrades. Include a list of mods you already have, and the mods you are planning to install. If there is a specific performance goal or a limited budget, mention it.

Couple questions I had:

Might not need a double roller timing setup. Stocker works fine, unless you have some sort of exotic, high lift, radical lobe, solid roller cam (I use the LT4 Extreme Duty timing set). As far as I know, there is no double roller replacement that incorporates the splined center hole in the cam sprocket for the 93/94 Opti drive shaft. (Maybe that's changed????) Hence, you would require a vented (95-97) Opti conversion. Shoebox has the parts list for that. New vented Opti, 95 timing cover, new Opti short harness, vacuum harness.

4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles

Might not need a harmonic balancer (it's actually a damper, not a balancer). Stocker works fine, unless you are looking at a very high RPM cam setup (I use the ATI Super Damper). That's a big expense, unless you get one of the Chinese clones. Stock damper is probably better than those.
thank you guys n I do want to stick with a stock cam,thank u Fred for the timing chain information before I buy it

Last edited by 94Z28LS1toLT1; 08-05-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:38 PM

Hell yea just got heads back n I had 4 bad intake valves I hope that's the source to my problem symptoms I experienced with the jerking n hesitating
Old 09-22-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 94Z28LS1toLT1
Hell yea just got heads back n I had 4 bad intake valves I hope that's the source to my problem symptoms I experienced with the jerking n hesitating
Oh my goodness I'm sorry I never posted anything in a long time the mechanic I had is a mobile one,so he took forever to do my car,everything is put together,heads,headers,intake manifold,all I have is to plug wires for the sensors in.

i told him ill finish it bcuz i need my camaro back. He told me there's a coolant leak in the back of the motor,but when I brought it to him to work on it,all the leaks were fixed,bcuz every day week,months,I've been checking the level n it's always been to the top of the radiator neck.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by 94Z28LS1toLT1
Oh my goodness I'm sorry I never posted anything in a long time the mechanic I had is a mobile one,so he took forever to do my car,everything is put together,heads,headers,intake manifold,all I have is to plug wires for the sensors in.

i told him ill finish it bcuz i need my camaro back. He told me there's a coolant leak in the back of the motor,but when I brought it to him to work on it,all the leaks were fixed,bcuz every day week,months,I've been checking the level n it's always been to the top of the radiator neck.
Hey guys just got done putting all wires and connectors back on. Car hasn't been running since July 12 of this year ,I go to try to start it up n it just cranked over and over no starting up,felt like not enough juice in battery tho,then it wouldn't do anything and security light would stay on after i take key out.

Now the security light has done this before,but I disconnected the battery n left it alone,n it started up,really weird. I remember the security light would randomly come on while I'm driving but it never gave me starting problems
Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 PM

I would get a can of starting fluid and spray some in the throttle body and if the car starts for a little bit then shuts off,spray it again(you will need someone to crank the engine from inside the car) then you know you issue is fuel related.Aftermarket fuel pumps can be a headache so try to get an ACDelco if possible.You mentioned you were cranking and cranking so that is what I would try.Cheap stuff first.Hope this helps.$4.00 at autozone.