General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

missing n hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:39 PM

Re: missing n hesitating

Changed fuel pump already priming way better than 30 at 45 psi n holds,but still having the hesitating n jerking,I'm at a loss was told can be knock sensor,distributor tooth being off by a couple degrees,n last the timing chain isn't the right one I'm using I have a cloyes brand one,and was told I needed a double rolling timing chain
Old 07-23-2015, 12:07 AM

If this has been mentioned before I apologize.Pic up a can of CRG throttle body cleaner at any auto parts store.They even sell it at home depot now in Ca.Ever so gently spray your mass air sensor on the intake tube(I don't have one).And see if this helps.It (I think)controls the fuel going into the engine.Previous posts have said this helps a lot.Hope this helps.(Don't slam me too hard here members as I'm no mechanic,just reporting what has been posted.)Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:08 AM

And you can still use the can later on the throttle body so there is no money down the drain.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Use only mass air sensor cleaner, not throttle body cleaner.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 AM

* Well you got the pump working!

* You verified your regulator is working!

* You verified the TPS wires were reading 0.2-4.5v with no glitching(did you do this? you just said, wires good) did you actually put a meter on the wires and verify voltages?

* You verified your throttle blades are opening 100%

There is a lot of things that can make the car hesitate and jerk. Now you are talking about a knock sensor, distributor being off, and the wrong timing chain being installed. It could be any three of these. It is hard, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE, to put a 94 opti on wrong.

Would you take some time, and write a post explaining what has been replaced and when it was replaced.

When this hesitating started, was it after replaced something, or did you start replacing items, to solve the hesitating and jerking.

Have you double checked your plug wires are good? Have you double checked they are in the right order? Have you checked the ICM? The coil? Does this car have a MSD box on it? Or some other brand of ignition box? if not MSD.

We really need to know what has been done to the car, and what mods you have. To provide you with more information.

Mike
Old 07-23-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pullngz
* Well you got the pump working!

* You verified your regulator is working!

* You verified the TPS wires were reading 0.2-4.5v with no glitching(did you do this? you just said, wires good) did you actually put a meter on the wires and verify voltages?

* You verified your throttle blades are opening 100%

There is a lot of things that can make the car hesitate and jerk. Now you are talking about a knock sensor, distributor being off, and the wrong timing chain being installed. It could be any three of these. It is hard, but NOT IMPOSSIBLE, to put a 94 opti on wrong.

Would you take some time, and write a post explaining what has been replaced and when it was replaced.

When this hesitating started, was it after replaced something, or did you start replacing items, to solve the hesitating and jerking.

Have you double checked your plug wires are good? Have you double checked they are in the right order? Have you checked the ICM? The coil? Does this car have a MSD box on it? Or some other brand of ignition box? if not MSD.

We really need to know what has been done to the car, and what mods you have. To provide you with more information.

Mike
Yes all that stuff is done I did use a multimeter to check throttle wires,fuel pump,n regulator are new,spark plug wires are in order I checked yesterday,all the stuff is in my signature of the mods I have,Icm,coil are new,no msd box,throttle blades,are opening 100%,It started jerking n hesitating in a couple months ago,I'll get a data log done n see what u guys can see wat my car is doing
Old 07-23-2015, 04:01 PM

Maybe it's my browser, but I don't see a signature from you, sorry. I just want to be sure we all know, what has been replaced and when.

List everything you changed since the hesitation started. Because I know, when I say something is "new". It could be something I put it on, today, to I installed it 8 months old. "New" is a relative term to me, I assume everyone does this.

I am going to be completely honest here, I have been told to check plug wires several times. Every time, I come back and say, their "new". Later I found, headers burnt one or two of them, that I couldn't see. So taking your time and actually removing, ohming them out goes a long way. Instead of halfway doing things, because "I am sure that part is ok"

There is nothing more frustrating, and rewarding, at the same time. As finding something, I was too lazy to do it the right way, the first time. But that's how you learn.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:32 PM

Maybe it's my browser, but I don't see a signature from you, sorry. I just want to be sure we all know, what has been replaced and when.

List everything you changed since the hesitation started. Because I know, when I say something is "new". It could be something I put it on, today, to I installed it 8 months old. "New" is a relative term to me, I assume everyone does this.

I am going to be completely honest here, I have been told to check plug wires several times. Every time, I come back and say, their "new". Later I found, headers burnt one or two of them, that I couldn't see. So taking your time and actually removing, ohming them out goes a long way. Instead of halfway doing things, because "I am sure that part is ok"

There is nothing more frustrating, and rewarding, at the same time. As finding something, I was too lazy to do it the right way, the first time. But that's how you learn.
No I went underneath n checked all wires all my wires are routed away from the headers n I understand what your saying with the people who tend to be lazy not actually looking,I looked n checked everything,I'm on here bcuz i want my camaro to run n stop this jerking n hesitating

Spark plugs wires changed in March 2015,fuel pump,regulator, filter 3 days ago,icm n coil in June 2015,tps 2wks ago,I'm using 91 gas,distributor was done in January, engine isn't shaking or rough only if I push the gas hard,between 3500 n 5000 rpm it's bad

Last edited by 94Z28LS1toLT1; 07-23-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Use only mass air sensor cleaner, not throttle body cleaner.
Whoops.My bad.I use the mass air sensor cleaner for the other things like IAT ect.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Maybe it's my browser, but I don't see a signature from you, sorry. .
No signature. This is often the result of the member posting from a phone that does not support appending a signature.

Just makes things harder for the people trying to help.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:00 AM

Since the hesitating started a couple months ago, I would say anything is fair game to look at. Including your icm and coil, have you verified both wiring and function of these in the past month?

While new pump seems to have taken care of your pressure problem, have you verified pressure under load?

Have you verified each injector is getting voltage, with a noid light? Then follow it up with, pulling the rail, and verifying they are all spraying?

Have you performed the opti diagnosis to make sure it is working properly? When was this replaced?

I can't wait till you get this thing fixed, I am dieing to know the culprit.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:36 AM

Since the hesitating started a couple months ago, I would say anything is fair game to look at. Including your icm and coil, have you verified both wiring and function of these in the past month?

While new pump seems to have taken care of your pressure problem, have you verified pressure under load?

Have you verified each injector is getting voltage, with a noid light? Then follow it up with, pulling the rail, and verifying they are all spraying?

Have you performed the opti diagnosis to make sure it is working properly? When was this replaced?

I can't wait till you get this thing fixed, I am dieing to know the culprit.
Yea fuel pressure is 42 under load,I apologize for the signature problem,the opti was changed in January ac delco brand,I do have to check the injectors n verify that they are working with a noid light I didn't do that,I'll check icm wires to be sure n eliminate that. Yea same here dying to know wat it is,thank u,I'll check back later to U guys
Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Administrator

You do realize I can read the deleted obnoxious post where you continued to insult me, told me you were going to a better site, and asked me to close your account.

All I did was note that you might be working from a phone, and that makes it more difficult to help you.

As a moderator on this site, I think it's helpful to explain to people how they can improve the results.

You really need to grow up.

If you want me to close your account, send me a "personal message".
Old 07-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You do realize I can read the deleted obnoxious post where you continued to insult me, told me you were going to a better site, and asked me to close your account.

All I did was note that you might be working from a phone, and that makes it more difficult to help you.

As a moderator on this site, I think it's helpful to explain to people how they can improve the results.

You really need to grow up.

If you want me to close your account, send me a "personal message".
Yeah I realized that's not right that's y I decided to not post it.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:50 PM

This is a quote from an LT1 rebuild guy here in Cal. 2009.Check the connector wire between the ECM and the OPTI.Often gets melted by engine heat.Hope this helps.(Sorry if this was mentioned before).But please post when you get this fixed.

Quick Reply: missing n hesitating