General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Meziere Water Pump Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:19 PM

Meziere Water Pump Leak

I recently bought a 95 Z28 and it appears the Meziere Water Pump is leaking from the weep hole(The weep hole on the Meziere pump). I have no idea how long the pump has been on the car but the car only has 38,800 miles on it. I know Meziere rebuilds the pumps for a lot less than buying a new one so my plan is to remove it, send it in, and have it rebuilt. The car came with a spare CSR water pump but not sure if it works or not.

My question is this, am I able to remove the Meziere water pump with out draining the cooling system? When I look in the radiator the coolant level is not all the way to the top currently (about 6 inches from the top) and before topping it off I would like to get the Pump fixed.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:34 PM

Re: Meziere Water Pump Leak

My 95 Z28 radiator fluid level is up to the neck of the radiator. When I check the Coolant Reservior Tank, the level when hot or cold is where it is supposed to be.

It is so easy to open the petcock on the radiator to drain it, I would just do it, and not risk getting your OptiSpark wet. If you get that Opti soaked or wet you will kick yourself for not taking a few minutes and draining the radiator if or when the Opti fails.

Last edited by gaedbo; 03-15-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:15 PM

Re: Meziere Water Pump Leak

Thanks gaedbo, I think you are right, no reason to take any chances!