Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

LT4 heads or After market!!!

95 Z28 A4 45,000 miles.

Alright finally got some money to play with and Im looking to buy some heads. Question is what to buy. Im purchasing TPIS headers. and i want to put some LT4 heads on with the LT4 intake. Now i have a Comp cam in the car now.
Duration 0.50 Intake:206 Exhaust:212 Lobe lift .3200-.3250 Sepration-112.0 My question is it better to keep this cam or go with the hot cam with the
LT4 kit. Or is it cheaper to get Diffrent heads and keep this cam. I want the most power for my money. Im looking to put about 5,000 in to it for now plus labor. I have most bolt ons right now that i can buy except a 58mm throttle body. I also am getting it dyno tuned. any suggestion will help me lots. I just recently bought this baby off my dad. So now its time for me to finally do the things i wanna do to it
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Z28amustangklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: LT4 heads or After market!!!

Depends what kind of power you are looking for. I would assume if you plan to invest $5,000 you are looking for something more than a warmed over stock LT1.

The cheapest thing to do, with the greatest bang for the buck, is to have your stock LT1 heads ported by a knowledgeable head porter. They will easily and seriously outflow a stock LT4 head, and aftermarket heads like the Edelbrocks. Then get a matched cam from the head porter... something other than what you have or the LT4 HOT cam. Neither of those will make serious power.

Advanced Induction - LTx Cylinder Heads

http://www.elliottsportworks.com/

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #3

+1 on a set of Advanced Induction heads. I had them do a set of Trick Flows for me. Might as well invest the money now, like the rest of us you will end up doing it later anyway.
'95 Z-28, Forged 4-bolt 383, Vortech T-trim, FAST XFI, TH400 w/ TCS 3200 stall, Comp Cams 227/239, Pro Magnum 1.6 rr's, Delteq, 65# injectors, Nasty Performance Street Stage 3 fuel system, Advanced Induction 215cc TFS heads, Grotoyhann LT's, Moser 9" w/3.70's Detroit Locker and 31 spline axles.
ramermanz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #4

Best bang for your buck as far heads go is Lloyd Elliot in my opinion. Stage 1-$900, stage 2-$1300 etc etc. His website, as posted above is very helpful, and he can answer just about any question you may have
kylew707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:06 AM

Reply Post New Thread

Tags
heads cam headers