General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

liscense plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 04:47 PM

Re: liscense plates

Funny that this thread should come up...

3 days ago, I got pulled over for the first time in 3 years for not having a front license plate (first time pulled over for anything as a mtter of fact!)

The cop was the biggest ***** you will ever meet. He was 5 cars in front of me in heavy traffic, and he went completely out of his way to pull me over. Then this was our convo.

Cop: "License, Reg. Ownership"
Me: *hands stuff to him*
Cop "Where's your front license plate?"
Me: "The bracket screws broke off"
Cop *walks around to front of car and comes back* Who put that red symbold on the front!? (reffering to the red bowtie )
Me: "Sir, it comes like that from the factory"
Cop: "Whatever, show me the plate"
Me: *Grab it for him, explain how it broke*
Cop: "Where's the damage!?" (while holding the bent plate)
Me: I don't know... but you can see the damage on the front of my car.
Cop: "Whatever.." *Throws plate in back of car, and writes me a ticket*

Heres the part where I got annoyed... the set fine for the ticket, is $90.. but the cop added a VICTUM fine SURCHARGE of $20! Now I'm not 100% what that is, but I had someone tell me, that if a cop feels that you are endargering the public.. that they can add a surcharge to your ticket.

What bs?? I had to front plate, wheres the danger?? In my opinion.. it's a very lame rule.. I think Ontario is the only province that even has that law.

I've had cops stare directly at the front of my car.. and don't care... my friend got pulled over for doing 140 in a 40 (SCHOOL ZONE) and got off with a warning. I have a friend who was doing 220 km/h on the highway (100 zone) and no cops in site.

You know what my friends are doing now? Braging about it... where was officer Soffie then? Pulling over people with no front plate