General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Left turn signal won't cancel, not spring or cam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 PM

Left turn signal won't cancel, not spring or cam?

I seem to be hard on turn signal canceling parts,go through them every few years- I tend to hold it due to where my driveway is right around a corner.

My left signal won't cancel, I figured it was the spring. Took it apart, springs were ok but I replaced them anyway. Was putting it back together and saw the clip in the turn signal cam the holds the horn connector in was cracked, so I got a new cam as well. However, still won't cancel - looking at the old cam there weren't an worn grooves, either.

Any other suggestions on what it may be? Is there any way to test if it's cancelling without putting it all back together? I don't fully understand how it works - I set the signal and try just placing in the cam and turning it but it won't cancel either signal.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 AM

Re: Left turn signal won't cancel, not spring or cam?

Update ... I decided to just get a whole new turn signal switch ... and I still have the same problem. I don't know what the issue is ... I get the same "clicks" turning the wheel left and right, it just won't cancel left. Is it possible I got a poor quality turn signal cam? - link. Not sure they're anything else to replace.