Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #1

I Wannna Beat My Buddy's Trans Am

My friend has a 2000 trans am ws6, he has an ram air (its K&N). Since i recently fixed my overheating problem and put a brand spanking new transmission in my car, what mods would I need to beat him? Its a 95 Z28 has flowmasters 50 series, and a K&n intake. Lemme know
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Jake Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #2

Re: I Wannna Beat My Buddy's Trans Am

imo, if all your friends car has done to it is an air filter / cold air induction hes probably running 300 to 320 rwhp. i think your car has maybe 270 rwhp . my best guess is you'd need headers, cold air / ram air, air foil for your TB, ported TB, tune or chip to correct your A/F ratio. better traction such as LCA's & sfc. if your wallets full of cash heads & cam, gears. goodluck! ps call TPIS they specialize in your LT motor (chaska minnesota)
99 Z28 vert "florida" orange , acquired 9-03 A4, slp lid & cai, safety loop, bmr sfc, lca's & panh, edelbrock rpm catback w/chrome stock tips. ls6 heads & cam & intake, 80mm tb, jet hot LT's, drm tune. gforce comp 2's. newly added slp 85mm maf, ud pulley, alum ds.
DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #3

Garage

Keep the distance short around an 1/8 mile 660 feet
the LS1 car is not going to come off the line as good as your car ... anything passed the 1/8 mile and he is going to regain the loss ground quickly after an 1/8 mile
You're still going to need some headers , a better flowing exhaust system and a tune
what rear end gear do you have ?
94 Z28 68xxx miles c.a.i ,full exhaust no cats, headers vigilant 2800 stall converter 3:73 gears, shift kit ,sub frame connectors 1.6rr with supporting mods ..
dyno tune @296rwhp. 1/8mile??? coming soon. " waxer "

Last edited by parkers Z28; 06-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.
parkers Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #4

Before I even ask this question i know its going to generate whole debate, but shorties or long tubes? Ive read long tubes more hp gain but they're a giant ****** to install. Shorties are easier to install but have less hp gain. Advice?
Im thinking these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ho...t/model/camaro

Last edited by Jake Guzman; 06-21-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #5

Garage

I would stay away from the painted headers . That's just my opinion
ceramic coated or stainless steal is the way I would go
check out the parts for sale section or craiglist you may be able to pick some up for a deal
I seen someone post some dyno results on long tube , mid length , shorty headers I will see
if I can find it
94 Z28 68xxx miles c.a.i ,full exhaust no cats, headers vigilant 2800 stall converter 3:73 gears, shift kit ,sub frame connectors 1.6rr with supporting mods ..
dyno tune @296rwhp. 1/8mile??? coming soon. " waxer "

Last edited by parkers Z28; 06-21-2013 at 07:49 PM.
parkers Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Guzman View Post
Before I even ask this question i know its going to generate whole debate, but shorties or long tubes? Ive read long tubes more hp gain but they're a giant ****** to install. Shorties are easier to install but have less hp gain. Advice?
Im thinking these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ho...t/model/camaro
If you don't try to cut corners by not taking stuff off it is actually incredibly easy. I just put pacesetters on and it was a piece of cake. Remove the steering column, starter, spark plugs, and raise the motor and they will slide right in. Removing those parts take like 30 minutes.

Oh and if you do it on ramps like I did, make sure you have the rear on stands too. You'll need the space to angle them in there.

Last edited by 94Form; 06-22-2013 at 03:23 PM.
94Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #7

so the long tubes are really worth it?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #8

definitely
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #9

Can I keep my flow masters?