Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.


Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply Post New Thread
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Stephen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milton WV
Posts: 115
Garage
Unhappy How would be the easiest way to ......

hey everyone, can one of you more experienced guys or gals recommend to me the easiest approach to replacing my motor compartment wiring harness? i am tired of running into one problem after another where someone has hacked and whacked mine up., so i figure it may be easier to just replace the darn thing. Is this a feasible option or is it too big of a job and hassle? Also, where would i or how would i cut or splice into the harness for best results? When i buy a wiring harness, is it necessary to buy the ECM also or will mine work? Any help is appreciated guys. the previous owner attempted to install a key less entry system and there are plugs and wires missing all throughout my harness and honestly i don't trust it.

Thanks!...
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
__________________
Stephen
95 Z-28 ....
Stock LT-1 with A4
Stephen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 111
Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen68 View Post
hey everyone, can one of you more experienced guys or gals recommend to me the easiest approach to replacing my motor compartment wiring harness? i am tired of running into one problem after another where someone has hacked and whacked mine up., so i figure it may be easier to just replace the darn thing. Is this a feasible option or is it too big of a job and hassle? Also, where would i or how would i cut or splice into the harness for best results? When i buy a wiring harness, is it necessary to buy the ECM also or will mine work? Any help is appreciated guys. the previous owner attempted to install a key less entry system and there are plugs and wires missing all throughout my harness and honestly i don't trust it.

Thanks!...
It is easy to replace on both 3.8 and 5.7 ...
Jeffs1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Stephen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milton WV
Posts: 115
Garage
Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs1997 View Post
It is easy to replace on both 3.8 and 5.7 ...
Really Jeff, is there a central plugin or does it need to be cut and re spliced in?

Thanks!
__________________
Stephen
95 Z-28 ....
Stock LT-1 with A4
Stephen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 111
Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen68 View Post
Really Jeff, is there a central plugin or does it need to be cut and re spliced in?

Thanks!
Are you talking the pcm harness or lighting harness? what year and engine do you have?
Jeffs1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Stephen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milton WV
Posts: 115
Garage
Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs1997 View Post
Are you talking the pcm harness or lighting harness? what year and engine do you have?
PCM harness. i have a 1994 LT-1 IN my Z28
__________________
Stephen
95 Z-28 ....
Stock LT-1 with A4
Stephen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Registered User
 
shoebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 26,916
Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Your PCM harness is going to look like this and it is just a matter of plugging it all in.

Now, if your interior harness is hacked up from poor attempts at wiring in aftermarket alarms and keyless entry items, it won't do anything for that, because it has nothing to do with the engine harness.
shoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Stephen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milton WV
Posts: 115
Garage
Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
Your PCM harness is going to look like this and it is just a matter of plugging it all in.

Now, if your interior harness is hacked up from poor attempts at wiring in aftermarket alarms and keyless entry items, it won't do anything for that, because it has nothing to do with the engine harness.
Thanks shoebox, now if i can just find the harness lol....
__________________
Stephen
95 Z-28 ....
Stock LT-1 with A4
Stephen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:11 PM
 
Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Copyright © 1996-2013 CamaroZ28.Com. All rights reserved.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.