General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

How fast are Highway Patrol LS1's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 04:39 PM

Re: How fast are Highway Patrol LS1's?

He said the D, R, N, P satirically!!! I think he made a note in () after it. Anyway it is very unlikely. It was hard enough for me to do the m6 swap!!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:06 PM

The super special 8 speed auto is in the newer B4C's, shift pattern goes d,r,p,1,4,3,2,5,8,7,6.n, with a nitrous button on the shifter stock! I hear they run 7's on motor and can out accelerate a top fuel car in the 1/4...
Old 04-04-2005, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro97USAF
The super special 8 speed auto is in the newer B4C's, shift pattern goes d,r,p,1,4,3,2,5,8,7,6.n, with a nitrous button on the shifter stock! I hear they run 7's on motor and can out accelerate a top fuel car in the 1/4...
Nice Shift pattern!!
Running 7 and out accelerate a top fuel (That is a slow as top fuel)
Old 04-04-2005, 04:11 AM

Hells yeah, the shift gate is about 3 feet long too. It doesn't actually have a driveshaft, tailshaft bolts to the rear end.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
*edit*
not to mention you said the shifter read "1, 2, 3, D, D2, R, N, P" so somebody would have had to figure out this new tranny which isn't even widely available yet and make a brand new custom valve body for it
LOL Admittedly I did make a mistake with the shift pattern, but I haven't driven an automatic car since 1996, so they're relatively unfamiliar to me. Yes, let's all have a laugh at my expense, but I'm man enough to realize I made a mistake, can't say the same for you kids.

Edit: it DOES have a 5-speed auto in it. LOL hell, there are 6-speed auto trannies out there.

like I said earlier, put your money where your mouth is. Prove to me that he has a 5 speed auto installed there and I will send you a $100 check. Forget the fact that the only GM 5 speeds JUST came out, forget the fact that they would probably require major mods to the floor panels just to fit it, and the seperate computer required to control it, and the custom work that would have had to be done to the console to make it read as you say and fit, and the shifter and all of the other million things that come along with it. Someone would have spent 3 times the value of the car to install it, it just doesn't make sense.
LOL I don't have to prove jack **** to you. I don't know you, wouldn't really want to or I'd have an assault charge to deal with, and franky, I don't like you on the board either. Lose the smug attitude, learn to accept that people do indeed customize cars and because YOU haven't seen something, doesn't mean such a thing is beyond the realm of possibility. I've seen an LT4 in a honda. I've seen a v-10 in a mustang. Am I going to hunt the men down and snap some photos for a geek on the internet? no.

Last edited by BirchMan98z; 04-04-2005 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
Edit: it DOES have a 5-speed auto in it. LOL hell, there are 6-speed auto trannies out there.
Like I said, prove it and I'll give you $100.

Yes there are, not in any GM vehicles, and I highly doubt someone would spend the massive amounts of money neccesary to mod one to bolt into a camaro.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:02 AM

Like I said, prove it and I'll give you $100.

Yes there are, not in any GM vehicles, and I highly doubt someone would spend the massive amounts of money neccesary to mod one to bolt into a camaro.
LOL People who could afford it would certainly do it. There are $150,000 imports out there, who cares? And the $100? You can keep it, I do well enough on my own, but thanks for the offer. The guy isn't a personal friend of mine, I see him maybe once a year. I don't own a digital cam nor do I really feel i should to satisfy someone's disbelief on the internet. I'll tell you what though-- I'll give you his name and you can come find him yourself. Let me know how it goes.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:09 AM

LOL People who could afford it would certainly do it. There are $150,000 imports out there, who cares? And the $100? You can keep it, I do well enough on my own, but thanks for the offer. The guy isn't a personal friend of mine, I see him maybe once a year. I don't own a digital cam nor do I really feel i should to satisfy someone's disbelief on the internet. I'll tell you what though-- I'll give you his name and you can come find him yourself. Let me know how it goes.
typical internet BS talker.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 AM

typical internet BS talker.
Typical punk who wants results but isn't willing to make the effort himself. Anything else you want me to shoot down for you?

Edit: It's clear you don't get out much. head to any car show and you'll find hundreds of cars with mods that weren't intended for the car they're on. Money better spent elsewhere? sure. Satifaction of a job well done and knowing your car is unique among hundreds of thousands? Absolutely.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:17 AM

Typical punk who wants results but isn't willing to make the effort himself. Anything else you want me to shoot down for you?

Edit: It's clear you don't get out much. head to any car show and you'll find hundreds of cars with mods that weren't intended for the car they're on. Money better spent elsewhere? sure. Satifaction of a job well done and knowing your car is unique among hundreds of thousands? Absolutely.
haha people like you are funny
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Retired

LOL I don't have to prove jack **** to you. I don't know you, wouldn't really want to or I'd have an assault charge to deal with, and franky, I don't like you on the board either.
GM just started putting 5-speed autos in their cars and F-bodies don't have them.

Cut out the verbal assaults and threats, or I'm sure Debler would have a valid reason for banning you.

Mike
Old 04-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Kraest
Cut out the verbal assaults and threats, or I'm sure Debler would have a valid reason for banning you.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:25 PM

I smell Jello.
Crystal Pepsi anyone?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:58 PM

Hey, has anyone ever seen a 3-speed standard in a 4th-gen Camaro?? I was just wondering if it was possible??

OK guys, I think you all made your points ..... maybe it's time to "agree to disagree"?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:55 PM

so anyway...the ls1 B4C's around here are sneaky. The look just like a white hardtop ls1(no light bar) and the lettering on the side is a VERY light gold color, so you can barley see it until you are right up to it. The lights are mounted where rear view mirror is, headlights strobe, and lights in little vent looking holes in the grill...those things will come out of no where.

Quick Reply: How fast are Highway Patrol LS1's?