General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

How fast are Highway Patrol LS1's?

Old 03-31-2005, 01:33 PM

Re: How fast are Highway Patrol LS1's?

Originally Posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
If I'm not mistaken doesn't the police package also include slightly bigger injectors?
nope
Old 03-31-2005, 05:05 PM

In my town theres a turbo Pt cruiser patrol car, that was donated by a local dealership. Its got a blowoff valve, higher boost, intake, and side exit exhaust, but its the onlyone in town. Still i woulnt try to outrun an ls1 on the highway.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:29 PM

A officer a block away from me has a 2001 B4C. We have taken our cars out and snapped some really neat pictures.

All of the LS1 Service cars should be ending there duty cycle pretty soon. One of my frinds has a retired 2001 B4C and it is nice but rough. The center console is all cut to hell and the nice rub marks and holes from the lights are nice too.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:52 PM

Codyss, post some of those pictures of your car and your neighbors B4C.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
its BS...theres no 5 speed auto. P R N OD D 2 1 The "5th gear" that you feel is the torque converter locking up
LOL I've owned auto cars before, trust me.

His shifter read JUST like this (don't correct me as you haven't seen the car): 1, 2, 3, D, D2, R, N, P (for being an ASE master mechanic and expert on all things f-body, you should know Neutral is between park and Reverse <--- sarcasm)

Some know-it-all always has to chip in, but I don't blame you. I knew people would call BS. Everyone present didn't believe either, myself included, until we saw it with our own eyes, and rode in the car. I can't imagine a factory torque convertor being able to drop RPMs from 18-1900 RPMs at 85 to low 1300's with 3.23 gears. Hell, my '95 with 2.73 gears couldn't stay under 2000 RPMs at that speed.

Last edited by BirchMan98z; 04-01-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:40 AM

I'll be comming down past St. Louis on I-55 next weekend, would you and your buddy care to meet? I'd like to see the car.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:24 AM

Between park and reverse? This post is getting kinda retarded. I once knew a friendwho knew a buddy who used to own a car that this state trooper used to own who now drives a supercharged nitrous injected patrolcar with slicks on the back, it could run 10's and tops out at 220 mph, no lie!! The lights add horsepower! Now theres an undercover SS car that they actually use here in NC. it's stock and dirty as hell, with all the prerequisite cop **** covering the interior. According to the guy driving it, it's for drug running type **** on 95. Something like that. Last I saw it was a year ago or so. Pretty sweet, wouldn't be able to tell it was a cop, just a small antenna on the back windshield.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:23 AM

The cops where im from have Modded LS1 SS's and Mach 1's as well as differant SUV's. I wouldn't try to run from them. The hopped up motorolla's can catch anyone. The crown vics are o.k. i guess. A friend of mine has a modded LS1 Z28 that runs in the low 12's. That car is used for patrol everyday.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by superadobo808
The cops where im from have Modded LS1 SS's and Mach 1's as well as differant SUV's. I wouldn't try to run from them. The hopped up motorolla's can catch anyone. The crown vics are o.k. i guess. A friend of mine has a modded LS1 Z28 that runs in the low 12's. That car is used for patrol everyday.
What does he patrol??? A Drag strip. More & more BS in these Posts.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by superadobo808
A friend of mine has a modded LS1 Z28 that runs in the low 12's. That car is used for patrol everyday.
Even though I believe this post has to be BS, if it were true:
It would be good to know your tax payer dollars were wasted on modding a car, that could catch most anything on the road STOCK. Think about the money wasted with the associated depreciated, and fixes that come from taking the car to the strip Sounds like you need to write you representative and gritch. The radio will catch you faster than any hopped up Camaro...
Old 04-01-2005, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
LOL I've owned auto cars before, trust me.

His shifter read JUST like this (don't correct me as you haven't seen the car): 1, 2, 3, D, D2, R, N, P (for being an ASE master mechanic and expert on all things f-body, you should know Neutral is between park and Reverse <--- sarcasm)

Some know-it-all always has to chip in, but I don't blame you. I knew people would call BS. Everyone present didn't believe either, myself included, until we saw it with our own eyes, and rode in the car. I can't imagine a factory torque convertor being able to drop RPMs from 18-1900 RPMs at 85 to low 1300's with 3.23 gears. Hell, my '95 with 2.73 gears couldn't stay under 2000 RPMs at that speed.
until you provide pictures I will bet you $100 right now that car DOES NOT have a 5 speed auto in it. I want pictures of the tranny underneath that car as well as the shifter/console. Until then STFU
Old 04-01-2005, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by BirchMan98z
Umm, since when is neutral between Park and Reverse?? Unless that rare 5-speed is different in that regard too, it should be between Reverse and Drive?!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Retired

So much misinformation in this thread.

Anyway, Crown Vic Police Cars are slow as ****...the cop told me that I left him so hard, he had to look down at his speedo and make sure his car didn't die because he had it to the floor and I vanished.

..but the radios are really fast

Mike
Old 04-01-2005, 12:46 PM

Best way to get away from Motorola is to take your first left if you are out of the cops sight. They will always go right, as it is the natural course of action, and you don't have to cross traffic. Believe me, it works every time. The B4Cs are limited a bit on the topend by a lightbar, but its still plenty to catch most cars, when already going 80 or so. If the cop is sitting on the side of the road, and you blow past him at 120+, he isn't gonna catch you if you saw him and know what to do. Think of the lead you have on him. Mods can be performed by the cop themselves, not paid for by the department. Hell, I knew a guy with the county police and he had a marked CV that had a badass stereo in it. He did it cause he liked stereos. You can't whine about them taking the cars to the track and abusing them, cause they beat the ever living **** out of them, and they don't get maintained very well. The one thing that the local county cops did here which I thought was funny, was they hopped up a ricer to try and catch the street racers. Problem is, they didn't do any engine work, just graphics, ghey tailllights, etc. And it wasn't a Honda, they used a kia or a hyundai. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Capn Pete
Umm, since when is neutral between Park and Reverse?? Unless that rare 5-speed is different in that regard too, it should be between Reverse and Drive?!
I didn't know GM even had a 5 spd auto. Especially pre-02.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How fast are Highway Patrol LS1's?