General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

How do you remove the A-Pillar trim piece?

Old 05-19-2004, 08:22 PM

How do you remove the A-Pillar trim piece?

I almost broke the interior A-pillar trim piece trying to take it off. How does it come off?
Old 05-19-2004, 08:32 PM

magic
Old 05-19-2004, 09:32 PM

I'm pretty sure it just pops off. Start your hand at the top and get inbetween the glass and pillar and slide your hand down.
You might wait for other opinions, but I think that's how it comes off
Old 05-19-2004, 11:06 PM

I kinda tried it that way, but it didn't want to budge. I am just worried that I will snap the piece in two if I yank the wrong way
Old 05-20-2004, 09:47 AM

Does your car have T-top's or is it a hardtop? If it's T-tops remove the two screws where the T-top locks in(obvious I know but I had to say so) Then just slowly pry it off the pillar. There are two seperate tabs that keep it locked into place. They are evenly placed about 10 inches apart. Those will probably be the hard part of getting it off. On the side of the pillar where the door is at the trim kinda wraps around the metal part so try to pry from that side instead of the windshield side. It'll come off with some convincing. If you have a hardtop do the exact same thing, just be careful of the trim that goes up over your head all the way back to where the seatbelt is bolted to the roof. Make sure that is all completely free of obstruction otherwise you WILL break that part, especially the little tabs at the end. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:21 PM

I just did this last night. The part of the A-pillar that sits above the window glass needs to be pulled from the outside. It has 3 clips that clip onto the metal structure underneath. The part that runs down by the windshield has 3 or 4 clips that clip into the metal underneath as well, but they face the opposite direction. Pull this part towards the interior of the car. It takes a good pull to undo them, but with some care it should pop right off.

*Edit: The part above the window needs to be pulled towards the outside.