General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Hope this is in the correct place! - t-tops leaking???

Old 02-02-2016, 08:55 PM

Unhappy Hope this is in the correct place! - t-tops leaking???

Hello everyone, i am hoping someone can give me a little information...My 95 T top TA has been setting up on blocks in my yard since last fall. i kept noticing the windows looking like they were fogged up on the inside. after openning the door i noticed hundreds of water droplets hanging from both t tops. i removed both t tops but cant see any place water is coming in from. also, on the driver side rear floor pan their is water standing....where can this be coming from? both t tops and seals look excellent with no tears or deformaties. any help is appreciated.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Administrator

re: Hope this is in the correct place! - t-tops leaking???

Show & Shine has no traffic. You will have a better chance of help in "General 67-02 F-Body Tech". I'll move it for you.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:12 PM

I would go to u-tube and do search as there are some fixes there(third and for th generations).I think there are some fixes on this board as well but I don't know where.I remember back in the 90's my next door neighbor brought their chevy (don't remember what she was driving at the time)but the Chevy dealer loaned her a brand new Camaro.1996 It had maybe 20 miles on it I think.Non t-tops and it rained that night and her drivers seat was soaked.Might be the weather stripping on the door?Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Could be the rear hatch seals as well. What may be happening here is the leak puddles water in the back floor pan, on a warm day the car warms up and the interior of the car fills with water vapor from the puddle, the outside air cools down the windows/t-tops as the temperature drops, and the water vapor condenses on the windows and t-top glass. Point is, the t-tops may have nothing to do with this.