General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Help I need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 11:58 AM

Help I need your opinion

For my first car I am looking for a specific z28 (white 95 z28 with t-tops and a 6 speed for a cheap price). The other day I finally came across one in the news paper so I went to go look at it.
The car had 114k miles, rebuilt tranny, dualfriction center force clutch, B&M shifter, underdrive pulley kit, moroso intake, flowmaster exhaust, polyurethane tranny mounts, bbk 52mm TB, and oil pressure,water temp., and tach gauges from autometer

The bad things were that one of the window motors is about to go, the dash part thats underneath the windshield has a crack, the button the open the top part of armrest is broken, and the front left fender mount thats right in front of the side view mirror is bent out a little, which leaves alittle bigger than normal space between the hood and the fender

The guy wanted 5000 for it but I talked him down to 4500, however the whole fender thing got me worried about if I could ever get it back to being perfect again, which is why I told the guy that I would think about it
I just wanted to ask you guys your opinion on what you think I should do, is the fender fixable, should I buy it or let it slide
Old 05-02-2004, 12:16 PM

Re: Help I need your opinion

Originally posted by camaro325

The bad things were that one of the window motors is about to go, the dash part thats underneath the windshield has a crack, the button the open the top part of armrest is broken, and the front left fender mount thats right in front of the side view mirror is bent out a little, which leaves alittle bigger than normal space between the hood and the fender
I wouldnt worry about the window motor, the broken button, or the dash part.
All those are common problems and easy to fix, just watch the forsale forum for people parting cars out, and pick up the dash and the consol. The window motor, just click here for a how to.
The fender is a bit tricky, its plastic though so it could just be secured improperly and jsut needs to be moved a bit. if its never been wrecked thats all it should be, my old car was like that and it just took me a day to put it back right, but I took the front bumper off (dont do that unless you have to, its a pain in the ***) and used a couple of washers to move it to where it looked proper.

Good luck on yoru car, 4500 seems fair. just make sure you drive it, I drive all the Fbodies that are for sale around here and its generaly easy to tell something nots right after you drive it a bit. but you gotta get on it good a couple times too.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:24 PM

Window motors are a $50 fix, don't worry about that.

Like he said you can pick up interior pieces out of the classifieds.

Not sure what you mean about the fender deal though.

Use those things wrong with it as arguing points to get the price reduced.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:07 PM

well I know the frame ain't twisted or nuttin cause the car drove perfectly smooth and straight when you let go of the wheel but I know the brachet is bent out cause I seen the difference in it between the other one

thankyou
Old 05-02-2004, 04:55 PM

Don't worry about the little thigns wrong, it's just usual wear and tear for a 10 year old vehicle.

As far as the fender, it doesn't sound like it'd be that difficult to fix. Like someone said, just make sure it hasn't been wrecked.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:23 PM

Well, thats what I began to think to myself when I got home from lookin at the car, I thought that it's gonna be hard to find this car in the first place, and theres always gonna be a down point when your tryin to find a 95 z28 for that cheap, **** don't come for free.....so then I decided to ask you guys your opinion on it and now I think I might give the guy another call and buy the car

oh yeah and the car drives like its new and doesnt pull to the side at all. that means it's good right?