Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #1

has this happened to anyone before?

So unfortunately the other day I was at school and it started snowing and I got stuck driving my 2000 camaro ss back on the lovely slush/snow covered roads sliding all over the place. At a particular slight uphill my shifter started hopping up and down in the console. I'm assuming this is just wheel hop but I wanted to double check since it was alot of movement and I've never seen it before. Could I possibly have a loose transmission brace? who knows, thanks guys
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Big Zeus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #2

Re: has this happened to anyone before?

no, but your tranny mount maybe shot to hell! does ur shifter move a lot to the right when in gear when u jerk the gas pedal down real quick like a quick rev in gear at 2000 rpms...? if it moves more that a 1/4 inch u need a tranny mount. very easy to install! get a poly one!
1988 GMC 4x4 lifted Sierra 330hp sbc turn key crate
Ultra_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #3

I've honestly never noticed this before but ill try it out to see if it does. I might just replace the mount anyway. I just bought it in august so I have no idea if was replaced or not
Big Zeus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to flexus

I would definitely get a poly bushing in there, not harsh to run, cheaper than the stock rubber and you know it won't give in that easily
96 Camaro SS M6 Convertible #913 - LE2 Heads+Intake, LE 227/235 .565/.579 110 LSA cam, CompCams 1.6RRs, Trickflow 30 lb/hr Injectors, Pacesetter LTs + Y-pipe, BBK 58mm TB, MSD OTVC Wire kit+Coil, Autolite XP104 plugs, PCMforless tune, UMI LCAs+PHB+SFC+TA+Crossmember+UpperAArms, 3.73 Truetrac 10bolt rear.
flexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #5

Garage

isnt there an issue with running harder trans mounts than engine mounts? or is it the other way around?
rv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to flexus

I've run poly trans for years before getting engine poly. Worked fine in both setups, and weren't uncomfortable at all. I put poly mounts in a TJ Wrangler once and it shaked like a wet dog!
96 Camaro SS M6 Convertible #913 - LE2 Heads+Intake, LE 227/235 .565/.579 110 LSA cam, CompCams 1.6RRs, Trickflow 30 lb/hr Injectors, Pacesetter LTs + Y-pipe, BBK 58mm TB, MSD OTVC Wire kit+Coil, Autolite XP104 plugs, PCMforless tune, UMI LCAs+PHB+SFC+TA+Crossmember+UpperAArms, 3.73 Truetrac 10bolt rear.
flexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM

Reply Post New Thread