General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Flowmaster or???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:37 PM

Re: Flowmaster or???

hmmm.... well i dunno what i would get but not something over 700 bucks thats a lil too much for practically just a sound
Old 04-01-2006, 10:01 PM

l got flowmaster too..

here is video of my exhaust sound.. the engine was cold also it has BADASS sound when it grabs gear!!!!!

here is the video. let me know what u guys think..

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...9E74BE8EEA.htm

Erdal
Old 04-02-2006, 08:06 PM

i like the was ur Formula sounds, i love the way the car muddin sounds lol its the same exhaust right? well i dunno... flowmaster is better then stock.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:34 PM

quote:here is the video. let me know what u guys think..

I like it! and I agree it sounds sooo good during gear shifts. just screamin, then a half second of mild silence. . .then ROAR! it just pops into noisiness again lol hard to explain but oh so nice!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:27 PM

yeah man.. it is better than stock!!

the car screams good when it is not on gear.. but when it grabs the geras, it is soooo deep.. sometimese my wife drives it, damn,, l canhear when she drive on the back road of the house..

l love it!! l love flowmaster.. maybe not peroformance but sounds great
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 PM

Thats why i don't understand why people hate them. thats what it seems like... i mean think of all the people in this board.... i am sure alot of them hate it... i mean so far you guys like it except one lol.... but i dunno i would deffinitly start off with flowmaster then maybe if i really wanted the extra 8 hp posibly... then pay 800 bucks for borla.... i dunno
Old 04-03-2006, 09:51 PM

man,

flowmaster sounds great.. my car sounds like 500 horses..if u ask me l dont give a damn about HP on exhaust.. l would like to make it scary so those ricers would pee their pants.

get HP from other mods,cam,intake ETC.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by DIYAR21
man,

flowmaster sounds great.. my car sounds like 500 horses..if u ask me l dont give a damn about HP on exhaust.. l would like to make it scary so those ricers would pee their pants.

get HP from other mods,cam,intake ETC.
Purposely and knowingly using an exhaust that you know damn well is a bottleneck, and just figuring to make the power up elsewhere... Is pretty senseless. :blah:
Old 04-03-2006, 10:30 PM

How bad can these flowmasters be? It has got to be better than stock. Its not like I am seeing a bunch of dyno charts either proving the flowmaster useless. No one can argue that flowmaster has got some pretty good sound to it. Their performance is debatable. But for the price you can get a cut-out and be ahead running the same or better than a better performing exhaust ( Borla, GMMG).
Old 04-03-2006, 11:36 PM

Your saying flowmaster mufflers have bottle necks in um? I dunno i really don't look at them. well magnaflow and i seen a dynomax straight through so whats wrong with those ?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by pitbull14218
Your saying flowmaster mufflers have bottle necks in um? I dunno i really don't look at them. well magnaflow and i seen a dynomax straight through so whats wrong with those ?
I don't think he meant that Flowmaster mufflers are considered a bottleneck exhaust. He was replying to the fact that you shouldn't look for any extra HP without first upgrading the basics - your exhaust. If you *know* that you have a bottleneck exhaust, investing in other upgrades is pointless without the increased exhaust air flow.

IMO a Flowmaster 3 inch cat-back exhaust would perform nearly, if not exactly, the same as any non-straight through pipe design muffler exhaust system. While many systems sound different, if you can maintain a larger pipe diameter and find a muffler with an open chamber design you will find about the same performance increase. By open chamber design, I'm not talking straight through mufflers, but performance mufflers without fillers to baffle the noise.

If you don't mind spending $700 on your exhaust system, I think the main concern you should be looking for is your perfect sounding exhaust. Most exhaust systems (cat-back) will be within your budget, so just find out what sound you like the most and go for it. Performance-wise, if it's louder than stock and we all know what it is, it should be A-OK!

I'd have a Borla if money were no object..
Old 04-04-2006, 12:23 AM

Yo what up, just bought a SLP Loudmouth system, installing it tommorow, anyone know what kinda gains iam get with this system? SLP says 25 but i wanna facts if someones got them.. Iam running a completely stock 94 Z28.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by sandman63
Yo what up, just bought a SLP Loudmouth system, installing it tommorow, anyone know what kinda gains iam get with this system? SLP says 25 but i wanna facts if someones got them.. Iam running a completely stock 94 Z28.
if u would like to get some horses from exhaust system, u should go with magnaflow.. they are kinda quiet but flows well.. but flowmaster and loudmouth sounds BADASS but l cant tell the same thing about performance but they are better than stock so no problem!!!!

erdal
Old 04-05-2006, 08:00 AM

exhaust upgrades are for sound purposes. the power gain only starts to matter when there are motor mods. the best you'll seriously ever get from an exhaust on a stock motor is prolly 10 horse. it's just a stepping stone for future mods. like said before you don't want a restrictive exhaust robbing your hp from a nice cam or other mod. its starts out as a 10 hp gain, add other engine stuff, and it turns out to be a 15-20 hp gain, plus the gain you got from the new mod. and it escalates from there
Old 04-05-2006, 10:00 AM

why do you people still jack with these exhausts when you can have tru duels + x pipe for 210$

Quick Reply: Flowmaster or???