General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

F-Body for the big and tall? Seat brackets/replacement bucket seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:44 PM

F-Body for the big and tall? Seat brackets/replacement bucket seat?

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to pick up a 97 3.8 5 speed Camaro, but I have a little problem, I'm 6'10! The car is a T-Top car. Currently the drivers seat is unbolted and sitting against the front of the backseat. We did that to check how I'd fit, and it wasn't too bad, though shifting isn't very fun with my huge feet lol.

I'm curious if anyone has done any brackets to move the seat back further correctly or not? I'm also looking into getting some new bucket seats, has anyone found a good seat option that will bolt up to the factory seat brackets? I need decent MPG and I would rather have a reliable Camaro than an unreliable hoopty cars

Thanks guys!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:08 PM

Re: F-Body for the big and tall? Seat brackets/replacement bucket seat?

I'm 6' 8" and 400#, so i feel your pain! I'v not moved the seat back, as I am long waisted and head room is at a premium. I just lay the seat back so I get my upper body and head in. Luckily, my arms are long enough and I can drive this way. If the seat tracks were longer and I could sit up straighter, I would not fit. My current car is a hard top, but I bought a Z28 brand new in 2000 with T tops and it seemed to fit the same way.

I will say this.......my driving position in this car is the most comfortable of any of the cars I own. The seats really make my back fell good!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Re: F-Body for the big and tall? Seat brackets/replacement bucket seat?

Wow.. 6'10"...6'8"... i thought i was tall at 6'4"

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!