General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Dyanmat

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:20 AM

Dyanmat

Going to be swapping my interior out of my car, while I have it out, should I dynamat it? Or is that a waste of money?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Re: Dyanmat

Dynomat does work as advertise.

Now.....should you use it?

Well.....that's up to you; but if you have a persistent exhaust drone that's bothering you or more exhuast tone inside the car than you like....then applying Dynamat will provide some relief.

KW
Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Well I don't have a exhaust drone. Since the car is getting older, there is sometimes weird noises like creeks and such. I was also thinking that the extra 1/8-1/4" thickness of it might also make it alot harder to put everything back together.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 PM

I didnt think it was that thick. I doubt very may areas would give you trouble with the added thickness but there are tricks like stopping short and notching around areas. You could also just lay some in areas and get a difference. My guess along with a quieter ride it may give a slight insulation value as well making car easier to heat and cool. Its very popular for stereo installs as it helps the interior of car sound better too. Stereo installation shops could proba ly give some tips too. I think there are paint on type barriors now too.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
Old 06-09-2013, 11:11 AM

I was wondering about that? A spray on application would be alot easier! Maybe I'll look into it! Thanks
Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

The best remedy for squeaks and creaks is a set of subframe connectors. Weld-in connectors are harder to install but will be more effective than bolt-in.