General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

DoppleGanger is a con man don't buy anything from him!!! details inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:10 PM

DoppleGanger is a con man don't buy anything from him!!! details inside

i talked with him and he told me he had a brand new wings west gfx kit, i sent him the money and i recived the kit today it is scraped to hell and cracked in several areas, he was also to cheap to buy a bigger box for shipping so he folded the front and rear fascia which cauzed them to have a permanent bend in them, i emailed him asking for my money back and even telling him i would pay for the shipping to send the kit back, he would have no part of this, this was my graduation present and thanks to him i lost 450 and have a bent cracked up kit, here are some qoutes from his emails and i have every email to back it up

"No idea how the crack formed - possibly in moving from place to place and carrying it with me."

"My understanding is because of the flexible nature of the material it is supposed to unbend."

They may have gotten rubbed on some walls when I was moving around but never were mounted to any car.

"I'm sure the bends will come out - it's a flexible plastic - how you have them is exactly the way I received them. I was told that they would unbend and mount up fine."

"As to getting the pieces to flatten to the body, perhaps once the item is heated up (maybe with a heat gun or something) some weight (like a stack of books or something can be used to straighten out the material."
Old 06-22-2005, 08:16 PM

Re: DoppleGanger is a con man don't buy anything from him!!! details inside

Damn, that sucks ***. I'm sorry man. Maybe there's something you can do about it to get your money back.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Re: DoppleGanger is a con man don't buy anything from him!!! details inside

This is not an appropiate topic for the "tech" forums. Multiple posting is not the correct way to handle it.

I moved one of your posts to "the Lounge", where it will receive the attention it requires. Please don't continue to post this on other forums.

Moderator.