General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Don't see many 4th gens around...especially V-8's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:44 AM

Don't see many 4th gens around...especially V-8's?

Just wondering why I don't see many 4th gens on the road. I see more earlier years then the 4th's. And the few I do see are usually v-6's. I have a 95 formula, its deep metallic green with white Formula V-8 graphics on the sides, right rear bumper, and left front headlight cover with a white firebird emblem center of the front nose . Its not perfect but looks pretty good...all stock externally except for chromed exhaust tips. I do keep it shiny tho Everywhere I go folks stare....its def an attention getter (enough that I installed an alarm ). When I see another 4th gen I tend to stare tho too since they're awesome looking cars, and seem so rare around here. Just wondering if they're as rare as they seem or its just my area?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 AM

Off the top of my head there are five 4th gen F-Bodies in my town of about 5200, one v-6, 2 35th anniversary edition rag tops, mine and an LT1 car (95 maybe?)
Old 05-30-2008, 08:19 AM

Another lounge thread.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 AM

Sorry...guess I'm abit of a "lounge" lizard I'm talking about F-bodies tho...what the heck do you talk about in the "lounge", your fav mixed drinks? There seems to be a ton of diff forums here...but only a few have any "real" traffic, maybe thats a sign that folks don't wanna dance around like MC Hammer trying to fit everything into the "perfect" slot?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:25 PM

This is one of the reasons I don't like mustangs. What pride can you have in owning a car that 60 percent of all americans drive. I like the fact that I only see another Z28 every once in a while. And the longer i keep it, the more exclusive it will become.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:45 PM

The good condition 4th gens are becoming rare now. I have been getting alot of compliments on mine this summer.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Biker
Sorry...guess I'm abit of a "lounge" lizard I'm talking about F-bodies tho...what the heck do you talk about in the "lounge", your fav mixed drinks? There seems to be a ton of diff forums here...but only a few have any "real" traffic, maybe thats a sign that folks don't wanna dance around like MC Hammer trying to fit everything into the "perfect" slot?
I agree. We need a place to be able to just discuss Camaro's (if we can't do it here) because the lounge is seriously just a bunch of craziness.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM

Is there enough room for a conventional engine, carb and distributor on a '94 Camaro. And do you have part numbers for the headers?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 PM

Might want to be a little more polite to the shoebox and Glide, please start a new thread with your question. Also use the search, that topic is discussed frequently. and to the OP so Im not completely hijacking the thread.... Seems to be about 80% or so V6 f-bodies around here too, at least 4th gens.

Counted out-- ya I think we need a "general f-body discussion" section also, good idea. I know I'd use it and it would keep a lot of non-tech questions out of here and would be better archived than just in the lounge.

Last edited by 95camaroinok; 05-30-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by wildweasel
This is one of the reasons I don't like mustangs. What pride can you have in owning a car that 60 percent of all americans drive. I like the fact that I only see another Z28 every once in a while. And the longer i keep it, the more exclusive it will become.
Amen to that man. I hate mustangs. Mostly because since they're cheap, all the young kids have one, and think they have a race car. Then I rev my car and laugh .

But seriously, I live right near LA, and I think I've seen like 20 F-bodies total out here, most of them V6. And the few V8's I do see are all stock and driven by some old guy . But I get a lot of compliments on mine. Heck, 4th gen F-bodies are becoming rarer than Corvettes these days. There's just something wrong with that...
Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Green96Z
Amen to that man. I hate mustangs. Mostly because since they're cheap, all the young kids have one, and think they have a race car. Then I rev my car and laugh .

But seriously, I live right near LA, and I think I've seen like 20 F-bodies total out here, most of them V6. And the few V8's I do see are all stock and driven by some old guy . But I get a lot of compliments on mine. Heck, 4th gen F-bodies are becoming rarer than Corvettes these days. There's just something wrong with that...
It looks like we do have borderline collectibles I guess I'm still not sure why more folks didn't buy them tho...I guess that was the main reason they quit production. How could you not like something this fast and good looking, that still gets good mpg?

Originally Posted by 95camaroinok
Might want to be a little more polite to the shoebox .... Seems to be about 80% or so V6 f-bodies around here too, at least 4th gens.

Counted out-- ya I think we need a "general f-body discussion" section also, good idea. I know I'd use it and it would keep a lot of non-tech questions out of here and would be better archived than just in the lounge.
I wasn't trying to be rude to anybody, sorry if it came off that way. I'm just new to the forum and shoe jumped me twice for "lounge" topics....I'm still not sure where the defining line is since I was discussing F-bodies in both threads? There's almost too many forums here I think, makes it a little frustrating trying to figure out who thinks what should go where. Oh well I suppose I'll get the hang of it I also agree on the "general f-body discussion" section......I kinda assumed this was the forum for that. Usually "off topic" or "lounge" forums ect cover everything else that has nothing to do with the cars bikes ect. Just assumed the same here
I know........when you assume you make an a*ss out of you and me lol
Old 05-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Admin Emeritus

Location of threads like these are sort of a gray area sometimes. This one is okay here, since this particular forum is for general f-body discussion and doesn't have to be 100% tech. At least not in this one. It could have gone either way, but I think the Lounge is better for posts about other cars, etc.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 AM

Don't forget that the reason why GM stopped making F-Bodies was that they weren't selling enough of them, to me that would mean that since they weren't selling many there won't be many on the streets
Old 05-31-2008, 07:30 AM

And the few V8's I do see are all stock and driven by some old guy .
Well, I'm an old guy () and mine's not exactly stock.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by cn97z28
The good condition 4th gens are becoming rare now. I have been getting alot of compliments on mine this summer.
I kinda agree that I'm seeing fewer and fewer NICE 4th Gens., maybe that's why I'm getting the same compliments on my car.

Last year when I bought my 97 Z28, folks were saying paying more than 5-6k was too much, but I wanted a clean, low miles, stock car so I paid a little more. Now clean, low miles cars are easily running 9-10k in my area (Grand Rapids). If anything, LS1's are coming down to LT1 prices.

And the few V8's I do see are all stock and driven by some old guy . But I get a lot of compliments on mine. Heck, 4th gen F-bodies are becoming rarer than Corvettes these days. There's just something wrong with that...
Yep, that's me to the T! LOL!

My car is pretty much stock in appearance, except for dual tips and clear corners. At first I was going to mod the hell out of it, interior and exterior, e.g., new seats, stripes, berger, blah, blah, blah, but now I'm thinking about putting the stock tips back. And while I appreciate a well modded car, a lot of the ones I've seen were IMO butchered.

Here's a pic of my car last summer next to a LS1.

Name:  DSC00732.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  116.1 KB

This lot wanted 12k for it, and it was trashed - fenders out of alignment, aluminum HVAC *****, missing badges, etc. But I will admit, even with a little engine tick, the LS1 was smoooooth. (By the way, it's still on the lot.)

Last edited by Cheap Guy; 05-31-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Don't see many 4th gens around...especially V-8's?