General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Do 98+ Camaros have night detecting lights??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by Capn Pete
That's exactly my point!!!! That is friggin' retarded that you have to shut the car off to turn the lights off, so instead, I made the light switch operate as a light switch, with a functioning ON and OFF position!!! Otherwise, why even have a light switch?!

Besides, starting your car unnecessarily is only harder on the starter.....especially when the motor is hot.

Also, you can't drive around in "stealth mode" like that!!
Yea man..i agree..it is pretty annoying..My dads 2002 ZR2 has a by-pass button, where if they come on by themselves..you just push the button, and they turn off, until you turn them on manually..I wish my car had this..only because you still have the convience of automatic headlights..but when you want them off..push the button and there off..but oh well..most of the time i like having them. I think a cool idea would to have headlights that come on automatically when your windsheild wipers are put on, i'm not sure about laws in other states/countries...but here in NC, if you have your windsheild wipers on, you have to have your headlights on too. I usually forget to put my lights on since everytime i need them, there usually already on for me..oh well! i guess i'm getting to spoiled with the auto head lights..
Old 05-19-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by MikesGreenZ28
They should have had off/auto/parking/headlights
My mom's Jeep Grand Cherokee has that.....turn the switch left for Auto headlights, or to the right for Parking lights, then Headlights . The GM's should have that too, although that manual bypass button you were talking about there ^^^ seems like a good idea also.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 PM

My parents 02 Tahoe has it where if you push the interrior light switch 4 times the headlights go off, even at night, or you can turn off the DRL's during the day time that way.
I've only done it to try, but they come back on the next time you start it.

The New GTO has it in this order Off, Auto, Parking, Head lights.