General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Dash swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 09:49 AM

Dash swap?

My wife wrecked my Z a couple of years back ands the air bags deployed (not good), and shortly after I bought my 99 T/A and kinda let the Z just sit in garage. Well, I've been gettin it back together and the dash is the last thing on my list of things to do. I found a 98 and later complete dash for sale w/ bags (not that I'm hooking them up) and was wondering if it would fit with the other interior components of the 95. The only stuff the new dash doesn't have is gauges, stereo and a/c controls. Can I use the new dash and the old components? I'm a Harley Davidson dealer tech so I ain't scared of a little project just need to know if it will fit w/ door panels, pillar covers, A/C ducts and so on..
Old 04-11-2004, 05:01 PM

Re: Dash swap?

Originally posted by purple95z
My wife wrecked my Z a couple of years back ands the air bags deployed (not good), and shortly after I bought my 99 T/A and kinda let the Z just sit in garage. Well, I've been gettin it back together and the dash is the last thing on my list of things to do. I found a 98 and later complete dash for sale w/ bags (not that I'm hooking them up) and was wondering if it would fit with the other interior components of the 95. The only stuff the new dash doesn't have is gauges, stereo and a/c controls. Can I use the new dash and the old components? I'm a Harley Davidson dealer tech so I ain't scared of a little project just need to know if it will fit w/ door panels, pillar covers, A/C ducts and so on..
I've heard it's a really simple swap that is just a bolt in thing as far as fitment and everything goes.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:08 PM

Fitment should be fine, you might run into problems with placement though, since gm changed a few things around a little. Nothing a little custom work can't take care of.