General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Car destroyed by auto shop/mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 PM

Car destroyed by auto shop/mechanic

Well today is a sad day my 99 z28 mods in sig , was total by my mechanic , car was currently in the shop to get front bmr a arms install and a 3600stall but instead to go to the shop to find my car smashed to pieces i dont even know what to do rite now im so pissed the mechanic is in the hospital smh
Old 04-28-2014, 08:27 PM

Re: Car destroyed by auto shop/mechanic

As pissed as you are at least mechanic did not loose life and hopefully will be okay.

As for car sorry to hear that I would be pissed off too. I hit roof when dumbass mechanic jacked up at bolt point for fenders underneath car even after told him and pointed out not to jack at that point. I cannot imagine how you feel right now.

You will probably be best suited to speak with a layer about how to proceed to get you whole again after loosing such a great ride. Call your insurance company let them know what's going on they may be able to help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2014, 03:24 PM

Any shop is going to have insurance. You won't have your old ride, but you'll get compensated.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:43 AM

Don't be afraid to turn down their first offer if it's not fair. Hopefully you kept a book of receipts. Also, you should seriously look into buying the car back and removing all of your parts. Don't let the insurance company take possession of the car if you decide to do this as any yard they move it to will strip it faster than you can believe.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:13 PM

Wow, that's insane. Anytime I get my cars worked on, even my older mercury, I always write down the mileage before I drop it off. I don't want some douche joyriding in my car with no care in the world to how it's treated

Hope you come out in the positive. I can't even imagine having to call an owner and tell them I totaled their car
Old 05-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Wink Re: Car destroyed by auto shop/mechanic

Originally Posted by MarcC723
Wow, that's insane. Anytime I get my cars worked on, even my older mercury, I always write down the mileage before I drop it off. I don't want some douche joyriding in my car with no care in the world to how it's treated

Hope you come out in the positive. I can't even imagine having to call an owner and tell them I totaled their car
If you feel that way about the mechanic, why would you take your vehicle to that particular shop?

You should find someone you can trust.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:33 AM

Lightbulb Re: Car destroyed by auto shop/mechanic

Originally Posted by SteveC
If you feel that way about the mechanic, why would you take your vehicle to that particular shop?

You should find someone you can trust.
I guess my personality just tends to be overcautious/oversuspicious about anyone unless I know them real well. Especially on a real nice sports car or heavily modified car.

I do most minor/medium maintenance myself, and thankfully haven't had to have many experiences with shops to the point I have a "go-to mechanic".
Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 AM

Thumbs up Re: Car destroyed by auto shop/mechanic

Originally Posted by MarcC723
I guess my personality just tends to be overcautious/oversuspicious about anyone unless I know them real well. Especially on a real nice sports car or heavily modified car.

I do most minor/medium maintenance myself, and thankfully haven't had to have many experiences with shops to the point I have a "go-to mechanic".
In comparison, I have been using a local "mom and pop" shop for over 25 years for all maintenance on Sara (2001 Z28), I find that my problems are diagnosed properly, and fixed correctly the first time, I never had to return for them to rework anything.

It is to the point that I do not ask for a written estimate, and let them know to fix anything they find or do not like while performing the original work. I can honestly say, "I have never been taken advantage of" using their services, they are more like family to me than a business.

Sara runs great, extremely reliable, and fun to drive (modified).
Old 05-16-2014, 07:25 PM

Shops have insurance, and good that he is OK. You should be compensated. They will (or actually the insurance) try to minimize things, you need to stand up for your rights blackmamba-z.