General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Camaro 96. lt1

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Re: Camaro 96. lt1

I found today that I forgot to change the oil filter Can I take it out without any worries?
Old 06-04-2015, 05:03 PM

So, I spoke about a clicking noise at idle, I still have that noise a little bit of throttle and is gone, Now I have this Noise in R* Reverse, Went Im stop, If I let the brake out the noise stops',
Now the Noise have started went Im driving, I started the car today after work and Start driving normally after 15 seconds the Clicking noise started and I hit the gas around 25% and The car lost power, I press the Gas few times and the noise stop, Then on my way home, the car started the clicking noise Again, I press the gas and the clicking noise got louder and louder. The clicking noise is like to metal objects hitting, All these problems started after I change my oil, Currently using Mobil 1 10w-30
, I was reading other posts and I read something about the gas octane, Im using regular gas 88 octane, I put 5 quarters of Oil.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:21 PM

It makes the noise sometimes! Not always but Im really worried!!!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:29 PM

Post video/audio. Impossible to try to diagnose a sound without hearing it.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:28 AM

I try to record video and audio but can't, It makes the sound now only sometimes must of the time went I brake at a stop and completely stop, the clicking sound starts but I stop giving it throttle and then quickly throttle again and it stops !Im not worry about it anymore. I check the oil stick and apparently I over fill the engine with 3 quarters more than required, Lucky I dint damage it, I change Oil and this time with oil filter, I told in a early post that the car over heated, I found the problem the "big" Fan is not working Gonna change it or repair it asap, Don't know the operating temp of the fan but I think is around 220° the car temp don't rises if the car is at idle or at "P" it stays at 180° but if I start reving it up the temp raises quick. "The reving was for finding if the fan was working" and it was not. I don't know but now the car is stalling after a hot start, "220°" the car stall 2 times but then I gave it throttle and it start and then It try to stall but it didn't. At cold start it starts really smooth. Heard it can be the Optic, starter heating , Fuel pump and many sensors. After that start the car smell really rIch. Need to put a to see if it droops any codes. Happy Father day to Yall, Goin to make a Fuel Pressure test again.

Last edited by AtlasXVIII; 06-21-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:24 PM

I fix the engine Fan! The problem was a Relay. The car is running really Good and Im Pumped right now, Can't wait to put some Parts in the car, Just need to fix Oil sensor and O2 Sensor. Getting low Oil psi in operating temp in Idle 25psi 😒
Old 06-23-2015, 09:36 PM

25 psi is great idle oil pressure. No problem there.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:19 PM

I hit autozone and they didn't check my car with the scanner because the car don't have the "Check engine light on" Need to check if the car is running rich, because I can Actually smell gas from the Exhaust. Not get me wrong Yall guys know what I mean, Hopefully is only the O2 sensor. Going to fix it this week...
Old 06-25-2015, 12:36 AM
Administrator

The SES light does not have to be on in order to scan the PCM for codes. There are some codes that don't turn on the light, and even if there are no active codes, you can pull any stored codes. Find a more knowledgeable auto parts store. Or better yet, get your own OBD-2 scanner. They are available for low $$$$.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:20 PM

I spoke with my friend at autozone Hes gonna check for codes with the scanner tomorrow!. Im concern that I have leaking injectors. Ill do the test again but this time at operating temperature. The car is drinking fuel like crazy, gas smell around the car and rough start at operating temp are thinks that happen with leaking injectors. If i have any leak injectores that is going to appear in the scanner like a cylinder malfunction? Need step by step how to test the system!!! If I find a leak, Im thinking to drop bigger Injectors any Hp gain from that? I know this is not the place for that but Need some advice!!!!
Old 06-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Administrator

You can check for leaking injectors with a fuel pressure gauge. It could also help identify a leaking fuel pressure regulator, which would cause high fuel consumption.

Using a scanner, you won't see codes for leaking injectors. If you had misfiring, the SES light would be flashing. The scanner could show a serious rich condition if the long term fuel corrections show a large negative value.

PS: I explained a lot of this wayyyyy back on the first page of this thread, when you indicated you used 3/4 tank of gas driving only 15 miles.

Last edited by Injuneer; 06-25-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:38 PM

Yeah, I remmeber that. The true is that With 25$ the car was At F. Full.. And the true is that everyone knows thats not true. now I have to drop around 80$ to get it really Full... Maybe the trouble is only a O ring. Going to make tomorrow the pressure test, and check sensors.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:41 PM

I put the key to run and the psi was 43. The pressure drop quickly. I pull the vacuum compensation line of the fuel pressure regulator and didn't find any fuel. I started the engine with out connecting the line to the fuel pressure regulator and the psi was at 60 I reattach the line and the pressure drop to 41.5 .
Below the time and Pressure drop speed
18 Seconds: 39psi
1 minute 38psi
2:30 minutes 31psi
3:40 minutes 30psi
6:18 minutes 26psi
8:00 minutes 22psi
16:00 minutes 20psi

The pressure seams to be holding at 20psi and drop really slowly after 20psi. 100% Sure I have leaking injectors. Need some help to get this baby's out. And check them. Please Need a step by step thanks...
Old 06-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Administrator

If you got 60 psi, there is something seriously screwed up. At idle, no vacuum line attached, you should have 43.5 psi. The GM spec limits are 41-47 psi. The pressure you got may indicate an obstruction in the return line. High pressure would cause it to run rich.

But it is hard to understand why it correctly primed to 43 psi, but the indicated 60 psi at idle with no vacuum. Recheck the pressure. Your results are suspect.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 AM

PCV valve was Disconnected, I plug it back and I did the test. I unplug the line and check for fuel and didn't find any, Fuel Pressure regulator seams to be good. I plug it bacl but didn't plug it in the fuel pressure regulator. I turn the car on and and The pressure was 45 and I plug it back and drop to 40. I accelerate it and the pressure got up to 42 and drop fast bacl to 40. Checking the car I found that the EGR line is disconnected "The line that comes out in top of it" I turn of the car and the pressure is dropping quickly and staying in 20. Im thinking Injectors or a O ring?

Quick Reply: Camaro 96. lt1