General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Camaro 96. lt1

Old 05-24-2015, 04:12 PM

Re: Camaro 96. lt1

The oil leak is probably the intake manifold. They are notorious for leaking. Put you hand on the passenger side, at the rear, of the intake. Rub your hand back and forth on the rear of the intake and see if oil is on your hand when you remove it.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Administrator

45°.... do you really mean that? I doubt a 2-wheel drive vehicle could even climb a 45° incline.

No matter.... tilting the engine should not cause oil to run out. A faulty oil pan gasket, or a faulty valve cover gasket, maybe. But the bolts would have to be very loose, or huge holes in the gakets.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:53 PM

35-45°!!!!!! And what about clicking noises when is stop? little throttle and is gone!
Old 05-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Administrator

What clicking noises? I looked back over your posts and didn't see any mention of clicking noises.

This entire thread is becoming very difficult to believe.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
What clicking noises? I looked back over your posts and didn't see any mention of clicking noises.

I know its really difficult, it all start with the Fuel and it was nothing, I bought the car with alot of problems and I what to have it running, Found that the radiator is broken and is splitting water out of it. Now it drain the battery and maybe the water did that. I bought a new 150 amp alternator, battery and Belt. The car overheated ones because there was not water in the radiator. I bought it and I want to use it, I dont want to have it in the garage... The mechanic is a Jerk and Is a expesive ****er... 60$ just to get the alternator out... and check radiator lines. No Im doing mechanic basic my self I dont Know much but I follow shoebox step by step and I can do it all done.... Yeah about Clicking noises I saw someone saying the same and I dint think thats normal..!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer

I know its really difficult, it all start with the Fuel and it was nothing, I bought the car with alot of problems and I what to have it running, Found that the radiator is broken and is splitting water out of it. Now it drain the battery and maybe the water did that. I bought a new 150 amp alternator, battery and Belt. The car overheated ones because there was not water in the radiator. I bought it and I want to use it, I dont want to have it in the garage... The mechanic is a Jerk and Is a expesive ****er... 60$ just to get the alternator out... and check radiator lines. No Im doing mechanic basic my self I dont Know much but I follow shoebox step by step and I can do it all done.... Yeah about Clicking noises I saw someone saying the same and i dont think thats normal.. I would loce to post pictures but the Page force closes..
Old 05-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Your story has too many contradictions:

-in post #10 you said it's dropping oil on the floor. Now you indicate this only happens when the car is tilted at a 45-deg angle, not when sitting flat on the floor.

-you indicate the engine only overheated once ("ones") because there was no coolant in it, but if you go back through your posts, it overheated WITH coolant in it (e.g. #19)

-you had a massive problem with using 3/4 tank of fuel in 15 miles, but you never followed through and checked to see what the mileage was with an actual fill/refill calculation. You just dropped the subject like it never happened. Apparently it fixed itself.

-Your gauges ("gadgets") including the fuel gauge and the oil pressure gauge were jumping all over the place. Suggested a bad ground... never heard what happened. Apparently that problem solved itself, or you just learned to live with it.

-found a 1.5" crack in the radiator, but in post #23 you indicated the radiator is new.

-The alternator was new, then it was "dead", then it was replaced, now you replaced it, or maybe a mechanic replaced it, or maybe it still needs to be installed.

-you apparently are upset that I have not solved the "clicking" problem that someone posted in another thread, and appear to be demanding an answer. Yet I I read the confusing post above, this is apparently not something happening to your car.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sit...28-com-699204/

I've really reached the point where I don't feel I can help any more. The whole story is just not believable. I've put a lot of time into providing responses, and they are usually not followed up on, and you never come back and tell us if anything has been fixed, or how it was fixed.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:35 PM

I got trick by the last owner, He told me that the Alternator was new and it haves life warranty and went I was in auto zone they didnt work with that type of alternator. I spoke with the last owner and he told me the mechanic change it. I spend 150$ in a new alternator "150$" I found what was the problem witj the oil today, there is something that "holds" the oil in some way" sorry I dont know the name" and is broken. The car is in a mechanic shop with high reputation in the area to work with my car. They are gonna put a new radiator in the car tomorrow. I didn't spoke in a eletromechanic because like you said maybe water in the battery may cause the problem. The told me they only use standard coolant "green" should I get Dexcool again.? Like you told me "dont speed money in Dexcool and find any leaks" in one of my post I told that a high pitch sound coming out of the gas tank'" the sound was coming from the Radiator. I will like to post pictures but I cant because Im using my smartphone.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:39 PM

I put the alternator my self. is really easy. the serpentine belt I google it. And now thinking I forgot to plug the alternator. The positive to the alternator and the other cable that is like a sensor.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:48 AM

Injuneer: I'm really impressed with your patience.. Your a good dude.

AtlasXVIII: Only thing I can say is - your first post should of been " Where can I find a good LT1 mechanic in "Wherever you live..."?
I'm impressed that you have followed ( if you did indeed do the steps) some how to's that other members spent alot of time on to try to diagnose your problems but I'm stunned you wouldn't change your own radiator etc. You sound like you have a little bit of money - so take it to a SHOP and spend the money to have all the systems looked over. You want to TT your car ? Well your going to have to start from the GROUND UP.. that means - your going to have to do everything yourself or be prepared to pay 3 times the value of your car just to get it installed..

Best of luck,

Eric
Old 06-01-2015, 04:42 PM

Thumbs up Re: Camaro 96. lt1

The car is not overheating anymore I change the radiator, thermostat and water pump. The car is running really cold the fans are directly. Just looking for one more help, The car is leaking Engine oil were we do the oil change "sorry I dint know the name" Over the oil changing screw is a hole that is supposed to have a wired in it. But the wired is damage. Just want to know the wire name to buy it. I appreciate all your help guys sincerely.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:56 PM

I think is the low oil sensor. If someone have a picture of it please post it here. The car haves low oil and is not marking it. I have the oil (mobil 1 and oil filter ready" was searching in the browser and didnt find it' Just a shoebox's picture that is not exactly the same but is really close.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:02 PM

So, you are saying this is not it?

Being a 96, that's the only sensor you have down there.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM

Yeah thats the problem. There is oil coming out of the sensor. Going to try to cover it and later Ill change the O2 Sensor and the low oil sensor. Thanks
Old 06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
ZZ

Fred, you are a saint! Subscribing....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro 96. lt1