General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

back again

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 05:07 PM

back again

so im having a slight problem with my camaro when im accelrating or redlineing the car afterwards for like 5-10min i can feel the peddle not really give the engine power? sorta like a power loss i guess u can say then it comes back after i press the pedal a couple of times. i am getting no codes. car still starts right up and drivers ok but this does make me feel uneasy.i also put injector cleaner in it about 3 days ago should i maybe put some seafoam in it as well? took the car for another ride and now it seems like the throttle is maybe sticking? i was making a turn and all of a sudden my car starts jerking forward and the rpm rises and speed. The engine light is on but there are no codes so i am very confused on what to do this is my DD would love a reply sometime tonight!

Last edited by warmeck; 04-28-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 PM

Re: back again

did some research and i do have a rubber hose that is taped up with i believe electrical tape. i took it off and upon further expection the whole rubber piece was cracked badly. could that cause a vacuum leak? its connecting to the TB which would make sense because of my throttle problem....
Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 PM

Old 04-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Administrator

There should be two hoses in that picture.

Did you unhook the larger, upper connection on the throttle body for the video? That should be the hose that supplies air to the passenger side valve cover, for the crankcase PCV system. That is not a vacuum port. The throttle body passage ends in front of the throttle blades. If that leaks, when the throttle blades open, you are pulling dirty air into the engine, and that air has bypassed the MAF sensor, forcing the PCM to work harder with the long term fuel corrections.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
There should be two hoses in that picture.

Did you unhook the larger, upper connection on the throttle body for the video? That should be the hose that supplies air to the passenger side valve cover, for the crankcase PCV system. That is not a vacuum port. The throttle body passage ends in front of the throttle blades. If that leaks, when the throttle blades open, you are pulling dirty air into the engine, and that air has bypassed the MAF sensor, forcing the PCM to work harder with the long term fuel corrections.
the upper hose is perfect no leaks/cracks it is the hose below that is cracked/damaged
Old 04-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Administrator

All I was asking was whether you removed it for the photo.

Please read my attempts to help more closely. I am making every effort to post clearly and concisely, so as to help solve your many problems with the car.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
All I was asking was whether you removed it for the photo.

Please read my attempts to help more closely. I am making every effort to post clearly and concisely, so as to help solve your many problems with the car.
did not mean to come off insulting as i am very greatful for you and shoeboxes guidance. i did remove it for the photo. do you think that this will work effectively and not cause a leak/other problems for my car?
Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Using a spark plug boot is a common solution to replacing the factory part. It's documented in several threads on this site, and others. I would use some sort of sealer where the plastic tube inserts into the boot. You might also use a clamp on the connection to the throttle body. Make sure the connection on the solenoid end is not deteriorated. Make sure the plastic tube isn't cracked.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:15 PM

thank you what kind of symptoms if any would this type of problem cause?
Old 04-29-2015, 08:40 PM

Several years ago, I used a spark plug boot to make the connection. At that time I was still able to buy the correct part including the plastic tube. I don't recall it causing any problems, other than a loud whistle.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:21 PM

well im getting code 15 again for some reason i believe it is in the same spot again as where i newly crimped. so any other methods of connecting these wires better?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by warmeck
well im getting code 15 again for some reason i believe it is in the same spot again as where i newly crimped. so any other methods of connecting these wires better?
Solder and a heatshrink sleeve. Or you can use an item that is both, called a solder sleeve.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:48 PM

just did that shoebox thanks, ok well i was cruising around and my temp is still getting redicoulasly high like almost to red i would say like 1inch from red any ideas? i am really thinking about wiring a fan switch/ or keeping the fans running all the time.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:43 PM

Did you ever do a hydrocarbon test?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Did you ever do a hydrocarbon test?
yes i used this OEM/Block Tester 27145 at AutoZone.com

im thinking about either wiring a manual switch or tuning it to come on earlier. cant decide which one help? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sl...t/model/camaro
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/je...t/model/camaro

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ce...t/model/camaro

i also went to advanced auto and got a replacement part for the EVAP Purge Valve. it fit almost perfectly with a little fab work i got it to fit tight and snug.

Last edited by warmeck; 05-01-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: back again