General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

another problem 94 camaro overheating?

Old 03-10-2015, 03:18 PM

another problem 94 camaro overheating?

my 94 camaro is overheating, i drive it fro about 15min and then i get a check gauges light and my temp is at 260. i open the hood and theres coolant being pushed out of the reservoir? i need to fix this today this is my daily driver.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Re: another problem 94 camaro overheating?

Are the fans coming on when they are supposed to - first fan (or both on low) 226*F, 2nd fan (or both on high) at 235*F?

Has it always done this, or is this a new problem? Have you made any recent changes involving the radiator overflow hose and the coolant return from the back of the heads? Swap those accidentally, and coolant will **** out of the reservoir.

Any codes - there are codes for the fan relays.

Was it full of coolant when it overheated? Has the air been correctly bled out of the cooling system?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 PM

You had another thread where suggestions were made and never replied to it.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Are the fans coming on when they are supposed to - first fan (or both on low) 226*F, 2nd fan (or both on high) at 235*F?

Has it always done this, or is this a new problem? Have you made any recent changes involving the radiator overflow hose and the coolant return from the back of the heads? Swap those accidentally, and coolant will **** out of the reservoir.

Any codes - there are codes for the fan relays.

Was it full of coolant when it overheated? Has the air been correctly bled out of the cooling system?
i dont know if the fans are coming on i have not checked will check tomorrow. this is a new problem the only i changed was a ground that was grounded to a fuse in the fuse panel in the engine bay. have not scanned for codes yet.it was full of coolant when it overheated and it sounded like it was drinking it or maybe pumping it back out? the dealership reaplaced a hose and filled and bled my cooling system so im pretty sure theres no error there.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
You had another thread where suggestions were made and never replied to it.
i am unsure of what thread ur talking about but if u name it i will give a reply.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:57 AM
Administrator

You only posted this 2 days before you posted the above..... , and you don't remember it ? ? ?

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/gen...oolant-881908/
Old 03-11-2015, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You only posted this 2 days before you posted the above..... , and you don't remember it ? ? ?

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/gen...oolant-881908/
fixed:really need a fix to this problem
Old 03-20-2015, 03:09 PM

easy stuff first..check all fuses, fluid levels, loose/missing/burnt wires to fans...jump coolant temp switch with a paperclip to see if fans will kick on. Squeeze rad hoses to see if they are swollen, leaking at ends and letting air back in

Then, look for grounds, check ECU codes, pressure test system.

When you start replacing stuff..start with radiator/overflow cap, thermostat..don't dive into expensive parts if you dont have to
Old 03-29-2015, 08:12 PM

This happened to me as well. I was sitting at a stop light and my temps suddenly climbed to 250 so i pulled off and turned my engine off right away. Next time i turned it on i had coolant coming out the tail pipes
Old 03-29-2015, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Justin@Entropy
easy stuff first..check all fuses, fluid levels, loose/missing/burnt wires to fans...jump coolant temp switch with a paperclip to see if fans will kick on. Squeeze rad hoses to see if they are swollen, leaking at ends and letting air back in

Then, look for grounds, check ECU codes, pressure test system.

When you start replacing stuff..start with radiator/overflow cap, thermostat..don't dive into expensive parts if you dont have to
well the new radioator cap that i bought so far the car has not overheated and is running a regular temp so only time will tell. i still havent gotten in a stop and go instuation yet like traffic.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:12 PM

my coolant temp is still reaching 240 and looks like its going to rise if i dont cut it off. i have replaced thermostate, replaced radiator cap, bled system, inspected the radiator and the reservere and found no leaks. the waterpump is brand new and the seals are too had it all installed new when the dealer had it apart for the optispark. my fans relay fuses are good. this only happens when im idle or in a stop and go(traffic). when the car is moving i have no problems with the temperature
Old 03-30-2015, 06:37 PM

Normal for the temp to rise when these cars are stopped. Time to worry if the temp doesn't come down when the fans come on, or when the car is moving again. Mine goes almost to the last hash mark on the gauge when stopped, if the weather is on the warm side.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by moparman
Normal for the temp to rise when these cars are stopped. Time to worry if the temp doesn't come down when the fans come on, or when the car is moving again. Mine goes almost to the last hash mark on the gauge when stopped, if the weather is on the warm side.
i see well thanks ill let u guys know if it overheats again.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:04 PM

Are you bleeding all 3 bleeders? With heater on?

Sometimes to get a really good burp jack the car up and put it on stands and leave radiator cap off over night.

I don't advise it but I run a 160* with fans grounded to run 100% and my gauge never goes past 1/4 mark and only half mark when running it hard..

Some people say this kills the life of the fans but its been 6 yrs since I did this to my car
Old 03-31-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by grabbem88
Are you bleeding all 3 bleeders? With heater on?

Sometimes to get a really good burp jack the car up and put it on stands and leave radiator cap off over night.

I don't advise it but I run a 160* with fans grounded to run 100% and my gauge never goes past 1/4 mark and only half mark when running it hard..

Some people say this kills the life of the fans but its been 6 yrs since I did this to my car
im bleeding 2 bleeders i didnt know there was a 3rd one where is it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another problem 94 camaro overheating?