General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

"!air" "!egr" What mean this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:51 AM

Re: "!air" "!egr" What mean this?

Originally Posted by SVT03
When will you guys learn that there ARE other cars that are fun to drive, that are not F-bodies.

The creature comforts of my SVT Focus far outweigh the lack of power that the car offers. The fact that the car is reliable, gets good gas mileage, is a blast to drive, handles like no other car I have driven, and costs far less to maintain....yeah, that stuff really isn't important, is it? I should sell it, and get myself back into a problem prone, opti-spark powered LT1 again, just so I can be "one of the guys" on this board. Yeah, sounds like a great idea.

Why are you on this board again??
Old 09-02-2004, 11:57 AM

When will you guys learn that there ARE other cars that are fun to drive, that are not F-bodies.

The creature comforts of my SVT Focus far outweigh the lack of power that the car offers. The fact that the car is reliable, gets good gas mileage, is a blast to drive, handles like no other car I have driven, and costs far less to maintain....yeah, that stuff really isn't important, is it? I should sell it, and get myself back into a problem prone, opti-spark powered LT1 again, just so I can be "one of the guys" on this board. Yeah, sounds like a great idea.
You just have to learn to ignore people when you need to. If you are content, what else matters?
Old 09-02-2004, 12:03 PM

Don't worry man, I just have to bug ya! I'd expect the same if I went over to Stangnet.com and had a sig that clearly showed I drive a Camaro, not a Mustang!

All I have to say though, is that the "fun" part of an F-body is the speed/power.....so a car with !power cannot be fun IMO! (and don't argue the handling, 'cause my first car was a VW that out-handled anything I've ever driven before, but it still wasn't fun! ).
Old 09-02-2004, 12:39 PM

there are alot of cars i like, like that....

however, a ford focus is not one of them.

im not a ford hater.
or a import hater.
or anything like that.

if you beat on ANY car, its fun.....but a SVT focus? its not really great in any one area... its just "eh" all over. any V6 FWD car is about the same as that.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:03 PM

no ****.

like i said.

any V6 FWD car is about the same as that.
a maxed out high strung N/A (or even stock boosted) 4cyl usually equals roughly the same performance as the V6 model...... somthing alot of sport compact guys know, but they go for the 4banger anyway... i never got that... lol.

as for why you're here.... i dont care... welcome. lol

this is the unofficial LT1 board anyway.. all the LS1 jocks are at LS1/LS2.com.. most of the thirdgenners are at thirdgen.org or local boards, and the earlier guys are usually at classic hotrod boards.... leaving this mostly to LT1 guys..... and i dont have a LT1 lol.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:39 PM

To SixSpeedShifter:

I am on this board....because I can be. I have just as much of a right as you do. JasonD and ChrisFrez give me that right...and until they take that away, I will continue to come to this board.
I meant no disrespect. I apologize if you felt insulted...I was just asking why you were on this board even when you admitted that you feel out of place here.

I should sell it, and get myself back into a problem prone, opti-spark powered LT1 again, just so I can be "one of the guys" on this board. Yeah, sounds like a great idea.
One of my good friends is a Ford guy and I am just used to beating on him. The truth is I admire different aspects of all american cars (and some imports if I try hard). Besides, I myself am also guily of lurking around other-car forums...
Old 09-02-2004, 02:23 PM

obviously you have a problem comprehending what im saying.

1. your car is not turbocharged. your cars performance, at best, is on par with a V6

2. thats why it says stock boosted and not turbocharged... im not ignorant. im fully aware that it doesnt take much more then some fuel management tweeking to have a kickass fast turbo car. when stock, the performance of say, that SRT4 is about the same as my VR6 VW..... except mine looked better.. lol.

personally, ive been looking at the turbo omnis lately... id like to get a Ty/Sy truck, but they're out of my price range... i figure i can get some reasonable fun out of a omni cheap if i manage to find one. they usually dont sell for that much..

but im going off on a tanget.

nutshell:
dont get pissy when we pee on your focus, im sure you can find somthing its good at.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:53 PM

Man what did I start......lmao. Sorry if I offended you svt, but I just couldnt resist.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:36 PM

O-boy