Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

aftermarket radio install

Old 02-28-2015, 02:14 PM

aftermarket radio install

so today i am trying to install an aftermarket radio i got it wired up using the radio diagram. im getting the radio to play with no sound, its making a buzzing noise coming from the speakers any idea whats wrong?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Re: aftermarket radio install

Does your Camaro have the optional "Bose" system?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Does your Camaro have the optional "Bose" system?
i am not sure, it had the stock delco loc II radio and i believe stock speakers as well.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Delco/Bose cassette is RPO UU8. Delco/Bose CD is U1T. Check the service parts tag.

The Bose system incorporates the amplifiers in the speaker assemblies, so it's not going to match up to a head unit with internal amps.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:05 PM

Delco/Bose cassette is RPO UU8. Delco/Bose CD is U1T. Check the service parts tag.

The Bose system incorporates the amplifiers in the speaker assemblies, so it's not going to match up to a head unit with internal amps.
its Delco/Bose CD U1T
Old 02-28-2015, 05:05 PM

switched some wires around and now i think i blew a fuse because the radio wont turn on anymore lol
Old 03-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Do a "search" on the "Car Audio and Electronics" forum. The issues with the Bose system have been discussed in numerous threads.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 PM

Do a "search" on the "Car Audio and Electronics" forum. The issues with the Bose system have been discussed in numerous threads.
didnt really get an exact anwser so i created a thread but would it help if i gave u guys pictures?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:27 PM

The Bose system has an individual amplifier located at each speaker. From everything I have read about the system you can't use the Bose speakers, even without the amps, with any other system. There are only three speakers in your 94. One in each door and one in the left cargo area. There are places to mount speakers in the side of the rear seat area. Later model Bose systems and the standard systems used speakers there. You could replace the speakers with ones that work with your aftermarket system. It would probably be easier to run new wires than try to adapt the Bose wiring.

If you are replacing the Bose unit because it doesn't work, the problem is usually the amps. Replacing the capacitors fixed mine.

Last edited by rngilliland; 03-01-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by rngilliland
The Bose system has an individual amplifier located at each speaker. From everything I have read about the system you can't use the Bose speakers, even without the amps, with any other system. There are only three speakers in your 94. One in each door and one in the left cargo area. There are places to mount speakers in the side of the rear seat area. Later model Bose systems and the standard systems used speakers there. You could replace the speakers with ones that work with your aftermarket system. It would probably be easier to run new wires than try to adapt the Bose wiring.

If you are replacing the Bose unit because it doesn't work, the problem is usually the amps. Replacing the capacitors fixed mine.
so i have to get new speakers too? lol great
Old 03-06-2015, 05:26 PM

so i got the radio hooked up and it worked for a couple of days and then i tried installing an aftermarket radio kit to make it fit in my gm dash and i was re-taping wires and all of a sudden the radio turned off and would not power back on. my wiring is good because it worked previously, i do notice that my door chime and my inside lights dont turn on anymore when my door is open; could this be a bad fuse? i also noticed while the radio was working everytime i do a pull and got up to higher rpm there would be a whine coming from the dash somewhere.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:29 PM

so i replaced all the broken fuses and my radio still wont turn on? i am sure the wires are correct i followed the diagram that shoebox gave perfectly. please help or i might have to go to a shop and i dont want to do that.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM

When you replaced the fuses did the door chime and lights come back on?

Originally Posted by rngilliland
It would probably be easier to run new wires than try to adapt the Bose wiring.
I'd say the same, it's not too hard and you can be sure you got some good wire too.

Last edited by Victor Lamb; 03-20-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Victor Lamb
When you replaced the fuses did the door chime and lights come back on?

I'd say the same, it's not too hard and you can be sure you got some good wire too.
yes they door chime came back on and yeah that is true but i dont have the money to get all new wires
Old 03-21-2015, 03:39 PM

Well maybe it's best to put the old radio back in for now, then work on getting some wire, and might as well upgrade the speakers too. I have a 94' as well and the only original wires going into my head-unit are the power and ground, and I ran the rest. Have you upgraded anything in the sound system besides the radio?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aftermarket radio install