General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Adjust Miles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 06:52 PM

Re: Adjust Miles?

I might not have if you said you were selling it at 11.5 CDN, but you failed to state a currency; and, being from the US, I assume USD unless I see a currency. [Insert ignorant American comment here ] But remember, we are talking about american cars.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:59 PM

55k is very low mileage on a 93 anyways. Dont do it.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:12 PM

IMO I think anyone who is concerned about buying a F-Bod with a "modified" odometer doesnt have a true passion for these cars anyways. Who cares how many miles an F-bod really has. If it looks good and drives good then who cares. If you are really into these cars then you will rip out the engine and build some awesome stroker for it anyways, which basically defeats the whole "how many miles are on it" thing since the bodies really dont need rebuilding after a certain amount of miles. I dont think mileage is as big of a factor as it used to be. When I buy a car or truck I am more concerned about how it looks then how it runs because I know I can always just build a bigger and better motor for it. In fact I always hope my engines blow up so I can justify to my wife why we need to spend $5000 on a motor for a car we bought for $3000 I guess she just doesnt get it. I think this guy here was just curious on how to roll em back without just coming out and saying so. I know I have THOUGHT about it but does that make me a crook for thinking?Just my .02
Old 05-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
ah your wrong! in the movie the kid started kicking it off the ramps because his father loved his car more than him... and he accidentally went to far and kicked the car off the ramps... haha!!! touche'
wrong. the car was kicked from a bumperjack.

jb
Old 05-14-2005, 12:25 PM

Why not just disconnect it?? My odometer has said 76,xxx since I bought it, not like I care or will sell it as a 76,xxx mile vehicle. When my new motor goes in next month I am turning the mileage back to zero. .

That way I will know the miles on the motor/tranny/rear without having to screw around. The only thing I see wrong with it is if you are going to sell it. Even if you roll it back and wreck it it will be worth more, with the prices we shell out to these insurance companies who cares
Old 05-16-2005, 07:28 AM
EKO

The best part about this thread is how it also turned into a side argument about Ferris Beuller's Day Off. Man, I love that movie...
Old 05-16-2005, 07:41 AM

just so everyone knows THERE IS NO TOOL TO ROLLBACK THE ODO. ... it mst be done manually, i did it to my car because i'm never selling it and i wanted to see how many miles i put on my new drivetrain... i mean its new everything so why not...

dont roll the odo. back , waste of your time if you do and illeagle.... since if you trying to do this anyways, i know you would sell the car so your bad!!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by havoq
All this shi*t about being childish, stupid, and name calling at me, doesnt really matter to me. If your the name caller, seems like your the one being childish.
The only childish thing I can see is someone who wants to change his milage back to lie to his friends and make his car seem nicer then it already is!

I hardly ever drive the car, which is why I wanna keep it in the 50,000 range.
If you really want to keep it in the 50,000 mile range... DON'T DRIVE IT EVEN MORE!!!

For a 93, thats pretty dam good. Everyone tells me that when I tell them my mileage. So I really dont wanna start havin the odimeter tack on the miles the next few years, and lose that feeling.
So again, you want to lie to people to make your car look nicer then it really is. Awsome. Not childish at all.

Too hard to explain, dont really care what you people think.
You don't care what people think? Yes, you do! Otherwise, you wouldn't have to roll your miles back! Duh.

In the long run, Im gonna do what I want.
Wow, who would have thought???

Its a tight rid. Gotta keep it new and straight..
FYI, rolling back the miles doesn't make it any newer buddy. And funny you should say you want to keep it "straight." Well, sorry to say, it won't be "straight" after you ROLE THE MILES BACK!!! I don't know about where you come from, but where I come from, "straight" is used as a slang term for accurate or true. If you'r gonna use slang, atleast know what it means.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:28 AM

You Make Me Want To Throw Up
Old 05-16-2005, 09:29 AM

By the way, if it means that much to you, I'll let you roll back the miles by purchasing my car for $50,000.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 AM

so.... i was searching for a thread about my crappy rear brakes and found this. read all 5 pages, pretty amusing... just wondering if the OP did what he wanted and how many miles the car has now 3 years later?

and why does low miles equal cool car. i brag to my friends that my car is 14 years old has 160k and is still nicer than there brand new one. and when it gets to 1 million miles ill sell it back to gm so they can put it in a museum. lol

Last edited by SS44Camaro; 10-27-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:43 AM

Holy dead thread batman, the op got grilled for this, someone should of just told him instead of making such a stink about it.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Havoq has not been online since 6/12/08. There is no value in this thread at this point.