General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

ABS, brake and airbag questions inside. Please help :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 02:26 PM

Unhappy ABS, brake and airbag questions inside. Please help :)

Hello,

I just picked up another '94 Camaro. It's a V6 convertible. It has a collection of undisclosed problems. Most significantly, the ABS, Brake and Airbag light are all on.

I checked it out and there is no fluid getting to the back brakes. That explains the brake and ABS light. I tried bleeding the brakes out with no success. I also disconnected the rear brake line from the modulator and shot a little compressed air into it. The air bubbles rose up in the master cylinder. I also cleaned both of the devices on top of the ABS unit. I thought they were solenoids but after cleaning them up, I think maybe they are just sensors?. Has anyone had this problem before? Is it most likely the ABS modulator valve that is malfunctioning? Any suggestions?

I also did a search on here and tried to fix the airbag problem. I checked all the visible fuses, wiring and cleaned and tightened the grounds under the hood. Does anyone have any further ideas on the airbag light?

This thing is quickly becoming a nightmare!

Thanks, -Ryan