General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

About to buy a Z28 B4C Special Pursuit package :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 01:40 PM

Re: About to buy a Z28 B4C Special Pursuit package :)

Andy, you seem to know your **** about B4C's, so ill retract any doubts i have about it. Seems like a decent car overall.

And for the two people who were dicks, FU still.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hedzilla
Andy, you seem to know your **** about B4C's, so ill retract any doubts i have about it. Seems like a decent car overall.

And for the two people who were dicks, FU still.
Thanks,

Someone mentioned it might be a good hobby car or play toy and I agree completely. I would not use it for a daily driver.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:21 PM

I hope everyone knows that this so called special car is not a Camaro model or body style. It is just a RPO code B4C for added/deleted equipment for public service car not sold to the general public. Reading these posts is a Joke .
Old 07-16-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 87DJP2001
I hope everyone knows that this so called special car is not a Camaro model or body style. It is just a RPO code B4C for added/deleted equipment for public service car not sold to the general public. Reading these posts is a Joke .
Wow, you know, I wouldn't have guessed that with 3 pages of discussion about what a B4C is, and isn't. Thanks for your valuable contribution. I don't think anyone here ever implied any collectability. The B4C option package is not significant because of special equipment, it's significant because it indicates cop duty. With cop duty comes a whole special set of circumstances to consider when buying. But ultimately, like any used car, you've got to judge it on it's own merit. They're all different. The real joke is a response like yours based on sales literature instead of mechanical experience.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deckstripes
Wow, you know, I wouldn't have guessed that with 3 pages of discussion about what a B4C is, and isn't. Thanks for your valuable contribution. I don't think anyone here ever implied any collectability. The B4C option package is not significant because of special equipment, it's significant because it indicates cop duty. With cop duty comes a whole special set of circumstances to consider when buying. But ultimately, like any used car, you've got to judge it on it's own merit. They're all different. The real joke is a response like yours based on sales literature instead of mechanical experience.
So I guess everyone elses opinion make no difference to the resident expect on used Police (not cop) cars. Also with your so called (151 Posts) mechancical experience.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 PM

So I guess everyone elses opinion make no difference to the resident expect on used Police (not cop) cars. Also with your so called (151 Posts) mechancical experience.
Oh, my mistake. I thought mechanical experience was based on time in the garage. You know, the garage. It's that thing 150 feet from the keyboard. Like where I was 21 years ago, when I rebuilt my first engine. A corvair opposed 6. I was 11. That's right, rebuilding engines at 11. 10 Years ago I paid for my engineering degree by working as a mechanic. I can count 20 of my own project cars with 60 seconds to think about it. That doesn't count friends and customers. I've raced IMCA, NHRA, and IHRA. Now I make my living as an engineer, I make single crystal turbine engine blades and vanes, one of the highest technology parts inside a turbine. So the next time you're above the clouds, look out on the wing. A guy with 150 posts of experience is responsible for the quality of the parts in the hottest, highest pressure part of power generation turbine. You better hope I'm not a rookie, or your @ss is going down in flames. FU2
Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 PM

B4Cs are what they are - nothing more nothing less. they do seem to be the target of more mis-information than other Camaro models; even more so than the 1LE. Do a search for "B4C" and you will find this has been gone over time and time again.

The number of posts has jack to do with what you know/don't know. Making that assumption is more an indication of maturity than anything else. I notice no one has attacked me for being a dumb*** because I only have 20 or so posts- why is that? Personally, I never look at how many posts someone has. I use this and other boards to share information and equate someone's knowledge level/expertise with the quality of their contributions. I will never have message numbers in the thousands -- I got other stuff to do.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:21 PM

AndyJ, I never thought I would ever say this. You seem like an honest car salesman.

And even better, this post gives me more experience!

Enough jacking this threat, I gotta go. The rain's clearing up and I got a freshly restored dual sport honda to shakedown, buff, and adjust. Did I mention that I restore motorcycles too? I'm such a rookie I probably forgot to mention that. Darnit

Last edited by Deckstripes; 07-16-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Deckstripes
Oh, my mistake. I thought mechanical experience was based on time in the garage. You know, the garage. It's that thing 150 feet from the keyboard. Like where I was 21 years ago, when I rebuilt my first engine. A corvair opposed 6. I was 11. That's right, rebuilding engines at 11. 10 Years ago I paid for my engineering degree by working as a mechanic. I can count 20 of my own project cars with 60 seconds to think about it. That doesn't count friends and customers. I've raced IMCA, NHRA, and IHRA. Now I make my living as an engineer, I make single crystal turbine engine blades and vanes, one of the highest technology parts inside a turbine. So the next time you're above the clouds, look out on the wing. A guy with 150 posts of experience is responsible for the quality of the parts in the hottest, highest pressure part of power generation turbine. You better hope I'm not a rookie, or your @ss is going down in flames. FU2
So you are bragging about your so called "I am not a rookie". I always like people to bring up their so called background on the internet. Always the first clue to BS.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:52 PM

So whoose e-dick is bigger here?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hedzilla
So whoose e-dick is bigger here?
Mine, fool. 8===jjjj===D~~~
Old 07-20-2005, 10:08 PM

Don't buy it!!! It's a POS and there is nothing special about B4C Camaros........lol j/k....just wanted to stir up some more crap in this thread. Seriously though, its a good read and I'm glad to see a majority of the people finally came around and decided to listen to the others.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 AM

B4C is rare.

Just as (rare optioned) vintage Corvette owners value their cars with rare RPO codes (like A/C)... Z28 owners with a B4C code consider their cars special.

Having something that wasn't really available to the public makes it even more desirable.

Less than 310 made in '95! Rarity adds to value of car. Look in any collector car guide.

My pampered show car has 20K miles.