General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

98 Z28 ... good deal ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM

Re: 98 Z28 ... good deal ?

Be careful. How you drive will make all the differance. From experiance the look of these cars will get you pulled over much quicker. I usually drive my Z28 about 5mph slower than I do the Silverado I had. But... there is more to worry about.

Here's a link of another members accident that you should check out, reality helps to take things seriously. Link Treat the car with respect, realize that it can kill you. Anything can happen, even if it's not your fualt it can have the same outcome. This really applies to all cars, including the ones on the road that others drive. If you do this and don't drive like a typical 16 yr old you will be ok. One more thing, if you want to race GO TO THE TRACK!

One more thing. If it seems that people are giving you a hard time about your age just realize that none of us want to see/hear of anything bad happening to you or anyone else. Take it constructively and understand the motive behind what is being said.

Last edited by matt65; 08-01-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:47 AM

Why do people always think just because someone is 16 they are a bad driver and drive like idiots. I think some of you are coming off a little harsh but I really dont care because its just the internet. I asked if the car was a good deal and what I should look for when I go see it. I didnt really want the main thing about the thread to be... should a 16yr old have a 300hp camaro for his 1st car. My dad made a deal with me, that he would pay the down payment for my 1st car and I have the money for the payments and insurance so Iam buying the car. Iam not going to be putting the pedal to the floor all around town like the other morons in there cars. Especially considering gas prices are really high. Iam not going to drive stupid whether you guys believe it or not.

Last edited by Z28Performance; 08-02-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Performance
Why do people always think just because someone is 16 they are a bad driver and drive like idiots. I think some of you are coming off a little harsh but I really dont care because its just the internet. I asked if the car was a good deal and what I should look for when I go see it. I didnt really want the main thing about the thread to be... should a 16yr old have a 300hp camaro for his 1st car. My dad made a deal with me, that he would pay the down payment for my 1st car and I have the money for the payments and insurance so Iam buying the car. Iam not going to be putting the pedal to the floor all around town like the other morons in there cars. Especially considering gas prices are really high. Iam not going to drive stupid whether you guys believe it or not.

Ill be fine as long as I dont try and show off but what 16yr old doesnt show off with a car like that ?
My sisters bf is 19 and he drives a 300hp VW golf ( turbo ) and he drives like a maniac and hasnt gotten in a crash yet.
I have ridden in a 94 z28 and the thing laid some long *** rubber.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 AM

I was saying I have been in a 94 lt1 and I know how powerfil they are. I know I shouldnt have said Originally Posted by Z28Performance
Ill be fine as long as I dont try and show off but what 16yr old doesnt show off with a car like that ?
that because you are ttaking it the wrong way. and this Originally Posted by Z28Performance
My sisters bf is 19 and he drives a 300hp VW golf ( turbo ) and he drives like a maniac and hasnt gotten in a crash yet.
I dont get how that has anything to do with me... Iam just saying not every young kid with a fast car crashes.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM

I bought an 88 Camaro with a 305 when i was 16 at that was a bit to handle when back then. I think if i had my SS instead of that car when i was 16, i probably woulda killed myself. Anyone on here can contest that have an LS1 or even an LT1, its really hard to keep your foot out of it (hence the reason we buy these cars). I dont think its a maturity thing as much as an experiance thing. These things like to get crazy on you if you have minimal experience. Im 21 and my car scares the **** outa me sometimes. Good luck man, just be careful and take it slow
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM

DUDE im a nother teen.....TRUST ME........i drive like a jackA$$ too......but i know when NOT TO......we are only lookin out for you and tellin you what best.but if you want to get the car do it......just be ready to hurt you mom and dad when they get the call from the cops sayin yor son has been killed by showing off in his camaro....we are not dumb.....ALL TEENAGERS SUCK AT DRIVING...I have drove Camaro Z28 so i can say it is SOOOOO HARD not to show off for the hot car full of girls next to you....
Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 AM

Why do people always think just because someone is 16 they are a bad driver and drive like idiots.
Because most of them are.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 91 Camaro RS
Because most of them are.

LOL yea dude i'll be the first one to admit......yea we are.like i said i drive like a jackA$$...but i know how to calm down
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by MotorCityNova572
ALL TEENAGERS SUCK AT DRIVING...I have drove Camaro Z28 so i can say it is SOOOOO HARD not to show off for the hot car full of girls next to you....
Ehhhhhh... ALL teenagers do not suck a driving, most of them **** up because they aren't paying attention. I've driven my dad's truck that has a bad *** 5.7L V8 in it, and it is not hard at all not to show off for the car full of girls.

Last edited by 91 Camaro RS; 08-02-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cincymaro88
I bought an 88 Camaro with a 305 when i was 16 at that was a bit to handle when back then. I think if i had my SS instead of that car when i was 16, i probably woulda killed myself. Anyone on here can contest that have an LS1 or even an LT1, its really hard to keep your foot out of it (hence the reason we buy these cars). I dont think its a maturity thing as much as an experiance thing. These things like to get crazy on you if you have minimal experience. Im 21 and my car scares the **** outa me sometimes. Good luck man, just be careful and take it slow
My first car when I was 16 was an 87 z28. I had to sell it cause I got to many tickets and buy a beater. Then when I was 18 I bought a 91 Z28. I kept that until I bought a 99Z28 and 00SS. I know how it is to want, buy, and sell the car that you really want. My first to were obvisouly nothing compared to the LS1's but I say go for it. It's the car you want and you can afford it, and it sounds like a pretty good deal. Just be prepared because you more than likely will get tickets. I'm not going to say you are going to wreck cause you can't handle it or cause you are 16. I never crashed any of mine. Have fun with it.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 00Z28SS
My first car when I was 16 was an 87 z28. I had to sell it cause I got to many tickets and buy a beater. Then when I was 18 I bought a 91 Z28. I kept that until I bought a 99Z28 and 00SS. I know how it is to want, buy, and sell the car that you really want. My first to were obvisouly nothing compared to the LS1's but I say go for it. It's the car you want and you can afford it, and it sounds like a pretty good deal. Just be prepared because you more than likely will get tickets. I'm not going to say you are going to wreck cause you can't handle it or cause you are 16. I never crashed any of mine. Have fun with it.
I think you understand where im coming from a little better. I know its hard not to show off and all but I think I know where my limit is and Iam going to try not to cross it. A car like this will be one I baby......I get my license in the winter so Ill be driving a ****box until spring again anyways. Iam just really excited about having a car this nice for my 1st one.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:24 PM

I think you understand where im coming from a little better. I know its hard not to show off and all but I think I know where my limit is and Iam going to try not to cross it. A car like this will be one I baby......I get my license in the winter so Ill be driving a ****box until spring again anyways. Iam just really excited about having a car this nice for my 1st one.
If you like it buy it, don't listen to anyone else if its what you want then get it. I had a T88 Rx-7 when i was 16 with close to 400hp, just be responsible and mature about it and you'll be ok. Oh and btw respect the car!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:58 PM

Why do people always think just because someone is 16 they are a bad driver and drive like idiots.
Why? well thats pretty simple. You get your lisence and you have no expirience in any kind of car. Now instead of learning on something slow you go for a fast car. Couple days down the road you'll get bored of just driving around and babying the thing, so ull punch it, maybe you'll decided to go thru a turn and floor it who knows. Somethimes the scenario described in previous sentence doesnt end up very good. I mean there are lenty of telephone poles everywhere...
Ohh another thing, 16 year olds, and not only them, try to show off their car in front of their friends, and especially girls. I think its clear whemre im going. No experience + fast car = telephone pole ownage.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by johnny6
If you like it buy it, don't listen to anyone else if its what you want then get it. I had a T88 Rx-7 when i was 16 with close to 400hp, just be responsible and mature about it and you'll be ok. Oh and btw respect the car!
I think those are the key words, and if you read the whole thread i think you'd see realize what we are talking about here.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 PM

There is way to much generalization in this thread.

Quick Reply: 98 Z28 ... good deal ?