General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

98 Z28 ... good deal ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 08:02 PM

Re: 98 Z28 ... good deal ?

I know how they take off ! I have ridden in a 94 z28 and the thing laid some long *** rubber. Thats what got me hooked on camaros and they are sporty. My dad said he will pay the down payment if I decide to get it and everything works out. with 100,000 miles on the car will it still be reliable ? Me and my dad will probably check it out next weekend. I bet it will be a chick magnet
Old 07-30-2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tsar
This little paragraph right here tells me that you're not as mature as pretending to be. Your sisters bf drives like a maniac and hasnt gotten into an accident yet? well great for him - how exactly does that relate to you? If he truly drives like a maniac it will catch up to him, believe me darwin always takes his own people when its time. And you dont wanna be in an accident period, your fault or not your insurance will go up anyways.
And to answer your question, yes i would buy the camaro if i had the money when i was 16, but in my honest opinion i think i would've wrecked it. I got my experience in a dsm which was great. This next sentence i'm gonna sound like a complete dick but im gonna say it anyways. Its your life, if you get the car and wreck it - ohh well- we told you so, hopefully you wont take anyone out with you. if you dont wreck it then more power to you, and enjoy the car!
no you dont seem like a dick ! of course I dont want to get in an accident and I sure hope I dont. If I want to go fats with it ill bring it to the drags. Ill let you guys know how thigns turn out.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Sure, get it. Be careful, though... and get good insurance with collision. It'll be worth it.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Performance
maybe I will wreck it but isnt that what insurance is for ? jk ! My sisters bf is 19 and he drives a 300hp VW golf ( turbo ) and he drives like a maniac and hasnt gotten in a crash yet.

KEY WORD HERE.............YET.....but yea man get the car but PLZ dont be stupid..
Old 07-31-2005, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Calico Cat
Dude, don't listen to anyone...if you want the car, get it. Drive the hell out of it and have fun. They probably did the same themelves...two faced monkeys.
Uh huh, chances are we probably did but not with that kind of car right off the bat. You sound like you are about 17 and daddy wont let you buy one because he has half a brain. Im not old and im not young, gonna be 30 next week, and truthfully Im shocked as hell that im actually going to make it (cross fingers).

Its somewhat true what they say about getting older and wiser (lol). As I look back at all the crazy **** I did and the couple cars i crashed, or had minor accidents (mostly with non moving objects), I technically should probably be dead, but someone must be looking out for me. If I had the TA i have now back then, I surely would have wrecked it so Im speaking from experience. Not that I was a bad driver by any means, problem was I was always pushing to the edge and eventually the inevitability of the lack of driving skills and experience in real life situations will bring out the amateur in you real quick. Next thing you know yer "baby" is nothing more than a crumpled up piece of fiberglass and metal thats barely recognizeable. If you're lucky the insurance company will total it out and you'll walk away with your life and not owe anybody anything. On the other hand you could lose control and cross the yellow line hit an oncoming vehicle and kill innocent people and then end up having to pay for the car even though its long gone.

Moral of the story, get another vehicle to bomb around in first for a little while and sit on the camaro until you think you're ready.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 AM

One of my first cars was a 95 Z28 and I'll tell you I had ABSOLUTELY NO problem handling the car... I even impressed the drivers instructor when she told me this car has alot of power and becarefull... Go for it and JUST DON'T GO OFF FLOORING THE THING because in reality... Any car can be dangerous whether it's a 120 HP 4 Banger Honda or a 300 HP Camaro if you don't take the precautions and responsability's to driving...

Seriously though DON'T let it all go to your head you CAN lose it easily...
Old 07-31-2005, 06:00 PM

I know how they take off ! I have ridden in a 94 z28 and the thing laid some long *** rubber. Thats what got me hooked on camaros and they are sporty. My dad said he will pay the down payment if I decide to get it and everything works out. with 100,000 miles on the car will it still be reliable ? Me and my dad will probably check it out next weekend. I bet it will be a chick magnet

""I bet it will be a chick magnet"" and ""I know how they take off ! I have RIDDEN in a 94 z28 and the thing laid some long *** rubber."".... There you go being cocky about it....yea you may have ridden in it but DID YOU DRIVE IT......
Old 07-31-2005, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tsar
And you dont wanna be in an accident period, your fault or not your insurance will go up anyways.
um no, i totalled my 94 z28 bc some stupid *** lady in a suburban pulled out infront of me, my insurance hasnt gone up,if you get in an accident and there was no way to avoid the accident, and ur insurance isnt paying for the car to get fixed, whyTF would they raise urinsurance? the lady that caused my accident,i imagine hers went up, bc it was her fault

on another note, i got my 1st z28 when i hit 17 but it wasnt a 6spd, i could have handled a 6spd but just couldnt find a clean one, all my friends have had TA's, z28's, or gt's etc, nothing to be "cocky" about, you think that cars going to be a chick magnet?? chances are it wont be unless no one at ur school as ta's or z28's, that car isnt that badass of a deal, $8k for a 6spd w 110k? it looks stock, and probably wouldnt turn any heads, , have you guys seen what some of these ls1 ta's or z28's with mods are going for?? i'd personally keep looking, i've seen some nice clean z28's, mildly modded, with some nice rims(zr1's, tt2's etc) for $7-8k,

also, i really dont think ur going to get a z28, first you said you have all the cash to buy it, then later you said your dads going to pay the down payment,i think ur a kid dreaming of getting "chick magnet"
Old 07-31-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
um no, i totalled my 94 z28 bc some stupid *** lady in a suburban pulled out infront of me, my insurance hasnt gone up,if you get in an accident and there was no way to avoid the accident, and ur insurance isnt paying for the car to get fixed, whyTF would they raise urinsurance? the lady that caused my accident,i imagine hers went up, bc it was her fault
Um..My step fathers brother got T-boned in his car, and his insurance went up. Some ***** bag ran a red light, so it wasnt his fault, but the insurance still went up. Maybe its different in Texas.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:39 PM

maybe who knows, mine was $120 then about 6 months later, it went down to $60, maybe it depends on the situation. i'd be pissed if my insurance rose bc some someone hit me
Old 08-01-2005, 09:59 AM

maybe I will wreck it but isnt that what insurance is for ? jk ! My sisters bf is 19 and he drives a 300hp VW golf ( turbo ) and he drives like a maniac and hasnt gotten in a crash yet. I heard on the news that 63% of 16yr olds get in a crash within the first 3 months of there license. I for one hope I dont and if I do I doubt it will be my fault. I think iam goign to get it though. If you people were in my situation and had the money you would do the same right ? Thanks once again
Whoa I just caught this one...

Driving is not a percentage thing...

Someone can drive home drunk 100 times from the bar then on the 101st time they go out, run a light and slaughter an entire family leaving only their daughter living because she stayed home... Just because he drives fast and hasn't gotten into a wreck DOESN'T mean he never will and the consequences won't be high! I called myself a good and mature driver and even I have fallen foe of an accident, a fairly stupid one but it CAN EASILY HAPPEN...

You said you also RODE a 94 Z28... You did NOT feel 300lbs of tourque pulling the car to either side of the road, or any road obstruction in the steering, you did NOT feel the strength it requires to HANDLE such power because believe me, it WILL get sideways and OUT of your control quickly... My advice has changed... It appears you need a bit more maturity before you go driving yourself into a ditch...
Old 08-01-2005, 10:22 AM

I am not trying to steal the thred but i just thought i would let you know i am selling a white 99 z28 with full options leather, 12disc, t-tops etc. It has new tires and brakes. It is in very good condition and only has 54,000 on the clock. i am looking for 9,000
Thanks Scott
Old 08-01-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Black6spdZ
I am not trying to steal the thred but i just thought i would let you know i am selling a white 99 z28 with full options leather, 12disc, t-tops etc. It has new tires and brakes. It is in very good condition and only has 54,000 on the clock. i am looking for 9,000
Thanks Scott
Thanks for giving the 15 year old a better deal.lol jp.we are trying to teach him something here.haha
Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 AM

if he is responsible he should not have a problem i had one when i was 16, it was a 93 z28 that i got a good deal on did a few things it went 13.5 at 106 with just a couple bolt ons. I am now on my second at the age of 19 which is listed in my sig. As long as he doesnt get stupid and respects the car he will be fine
Old 08-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Dude you're going to get me in trouble giving me that web site. I just found a 68 SS for sale in my area for $7000....

Quick Reply: 98 Z28 ... good deal ?