General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

How would be the easiest way to ......

Old 09-11-2013, 11:20 PM

Unhappy How would be the easiest way to ......

hey everyone, can one of you more experienced guys or gals recommend to me the easiest approach to replacing my motor compartment wiring harness? i am tired of running into one problem after another where someone has hacked and whacked mine up., so i figure it may be easier to just replace the darn thing. Is this a feasible option or is it too big of a job and hassle? Also, where would i or how would i cut or splice into the harness for best results? When i buy a wiring harness, is it necessary to buy the ECM also or will mine work? Any help is appreciated guys. the previous owner attempted to install a key less entry system and there are plugs and wires missing all throughout my harness and honestly i don't trust it.

Thanks!...
Old 09-11-2013, 11:25 PM

Re: How would be the easiest way to ......

Originally Posted by Stephen68
hey everyone, can one of you more experienced guys or gals recommend to me the easiest approach to replacing my motor compartment wiring harness? i am tired of running into one problem after another where someone has hacked and whacked mine up., so i figure it may be easier to just replace the darn thing. Is this a feasible option or is it too big of a job and hassle? Also, where would i or how would i cut or splice into the harness for best results? When i buy a wiring harness, is it necessary to buy the ECM also or will mine work? Any help is appreciated guys. the previous owner attempted to install a key less entry system and there are plugs and wires missing all throughout my harness and honestly i don't trust it.

Thanks!...
It is easy to replace on both 3.8 and 5.7 ...
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffs1997
It is easy to replace on both 3.8 and 5.7 ...
Really Jeff, is there a central plugin or does it need to be cut and re spliced in?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen68
Really Jeff, is there a central plugin or does it need to be cut and re spliced in?

Thanks!
Are you talking the pcm harness or lighting harness? what year and engine do you have?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffs1997
Are you talking the pcm harness or lighting harness? what year and engine do you have?
PCM harness. i have a 1994 LT-1 IN my Z28
Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 PM

Your PCM harness is going to look like this and it is just a matter of plugging it all in.

Now, if your interior harness is hacked up from poor attempts at wiring in aftermarket alarms and keyless entry items, it won't do anything for that, because it has nothing to do with the engine harness.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Your PCM harness is going to look like this and it is just a matter of plugging it all in.

Now, if your interior harness is hacked up from poor attempts at wiring in aftermarket alarms and keyless entry items, it won't do anything for that, because it has nothing to do with the engine harness.
Thanks shoebox, now if i can just find the harness lol....