Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #1

96 Z28 LT4 Trouble

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 96 Z28 with a rebuilt lt4 and t56. I have put about a grand into it with a new fuel pump, opti, and some other things. One of the biggest problems I am having is it will not go into 6th gear. When I bought it the guy said he had someone install a new hurst short throw and now it wont go into 6th, it just stops. I am fairly new to the t56 so I dont know if it just needs to be looked at or fully replaced. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Also, I need to replace or repair the front bucket seats, Would it be easier to just have them re upholstered or fully replace with maybe Trans Am seats or something like that.

Thanks Again
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Deuces23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #2

Re: 96 Z28 LT4 Trouble

FIRST...sounds like the trans may have a syncro issue...however that is just speculation...and itbwont hirt to check that the shifter does not have a "stop" set up.

Will it go into that gear EVER...or how about whe car is not running.

AS for the seats.... What are they now. Had my leathers done 2 fronts and it was Not cheap.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Old 05-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #3

It wont ever shift into 6th. It just stops, doesnt grind just acts like it is in neutral when driving.

The seats are factory leather, the back seats are amazing (only cause no one can fit back there over 5'2") . The fronts have large tears in the seats, not so much the back rest. Yeah I emailed a local shop and they wanted 950 for the two seats!!!
Deuces23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuces23 View Post
It wont ever shift into 6th. It just stops, doesnt grind just acts like it is in neutral when driving.

The seats are factory leather, the back seats are amazing (only cause no one can fit back there over 5'2") . The fronts have large tears in the seats, not so much the back rest. Yeah I emailed a local shop and they wanted 950 for the two seats!!!
Well if it will never go in...pull the center and look at the shifter itself...see if it has an adjustment bolt that can be spunnin to allow handle to move. If not...u may be pullim the trans.

As for the seats....i got away alot cheaper cause i only had them do the sections that were worn. Outter bolster on drivers side AND both bolsters on the passenger side seat.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Old 05-23-2013, 01:19 AM

Reply Post New Thread