General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

96 z28 Fuel regulator help!!!!

Old 08-25-2015, 06:52 PM

Re: 96 z28 Fuel regulator help!!!!

If you turn the ignition to ON (not all the way to crank) and they all shoot gas, you need to replace all of your injectors.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Where was the vacuum leak?

I'm sure you have tested the fuel pressure several times as you indicated in earlier posts (going back 4 months), and didn't see the pressure drop rapidly on fuel pump shutdown. If all the injectors are spraying fuel when the pump shuts down, the pressure would drop to "0" immediately.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:12 PM

They spray only once, the pressure never drops below 20psi. But drops really quick from 45psi to 20psi. The vaccum was at the FPR. The new one is smaller than the old one. But I change the clip that holds to the fpr"vaccum line" and done... Psi stay at 45 and not 50... the car started missfiring after fpr change and now thinking maybe the problem is the FPR and not the ignition... The lt1 haves a indirect fuel injection. Does someone have a diagram?. My little girl drop a glass of coffe "empty" and I found some pices of it in the left valve cover and injector were out and fuel rail. Maybe it drop some in the injector holes and is blocking the fuel? The car only missfires sometimes but most at cold and higher gears , My little baby love the car and she was trying to help! Im feeling like to give back the FPR to autozone and get my money back.

Last edited by AtlasXVIII; 08-26-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Administrator

So they do not "shoot".... they "pulse" ONCE, then they stop flowing. I tried to explain the difference between these two words earlier. That is not a problem with leaking injectors. Appears to be a problem with the PCM. There can be a "priming" pulse when the key is turned to "run".

What sort of diagram are you looking for? I am not aware for any diagram that will show you how to determine if a piece of broken glass fell into the top of an injector. Why was the injector not in the rail? Have you checked and replace the missing retainer clips that at least two of us have told you should be there?

Sounds like you have the wrong FPR.... you previously advised the FPR was leaking shortly after you installed it. How did you repair that leak?

Last edited by Injuneer; 09-21-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:12 PM

After driving a while the old fuel pressure leak, not the new one. I'm confused what injectors clips? I change the O rings of the injectors that stayed attach. Found a new cannister for 40 $ bought it and changing the old one, out let line from the cannister was moving free. It came out with the cannister. Was searching for how to plug it back and didn't find anything. How can I plug it back? The line is the one from the outlet or purge. ... The fuel rail was out because changing the FPR with the fuel rail attach was a pain in the a.... the injector was not in the fuel rail because it didn't came out with the fuel rail. It stayed in the engine.

Last edited by AtlasXVIII; 09-04-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:53 AM

To removed the injectors, you need to remove the 4 bolts that hold the fuel rail to the intake, then pry the rail off the intake manifold.

If you do that, all the injectors will be "removed from the engine". If you have 2 injectors left "in the engine" you are missing the clips that hold the injectors to the fuel rail.

Look at the fuel rail, and find the clips that are holding the other 6 injectors, to the fuel rail.

Without the clips, they can be shoved too far in, or not far enough.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pullngz
To removed the injectors, you need to remove the 4 bolts that hold the fuel rail to the intake, then pry the rail off the intake manifold.

If you do that, all the injectors will be "removed from the engine". If you have 2 injectors left "in the engine" you are missing the clips that hold the injectors to the fuel rail.

Look at the fuel rail, and find the clips that are holding the other 6 injectors, to the fuel rail.

Without the clips, they can be shoved too far in, or not far enough.
The injectors Leave the fuel rail because the o ring stayed pluged to the fuel Rail, l bought New O Rings and it looks Perfect now. you have a Picture of the clips?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:29 AM

I couldn't get the phone under the rail, but here is a side shot.

Last edited by Pullngz; 09-04-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:22 AM

Pretty sure I dont have any of those, Im confuse
Old 09-05-2015, 01:30 AM

Gonna try to find a scanner to scann, Ive been reading and some cheap OBDII scanners cant read 96 Camaros, and pretty sure auto zone is using a cheap one. Need help with the purge line from the cannister
Old 09-05-2015, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by AtlasXVIII
Gonna try to find a scanner to scann, Ive been reading and some cheap OBDII scanners cant read 96 Camaros, and pretty sure auto zone is using a cheap one. Need help with the purge line from the cannister
Does this diagram help any?
Old 09-05-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Does this diagram help any?
Im trying to find were to find the purge line that goes to the front cant see really well in the diagram, but Ill search again ty
Old 09-06-2015, 09:35 AM

Cant find the purge line... There are 4 line and 1 have the Fuel Filter need help....
Old 09-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Administrator

You indicate the canister outlet line (from the canister to the front of the car) pulled out when you removed the canister. What did the end of the line look like - did it possibly look like it was broken or had been cut? Or did it have some sort of coupling or connector on it?

I agree the sketch in the factory manual is very poor, but I believe it shows the line runs over toward the sending unit (pump assembly) but does not connect to anything. It simply bends downward with the fuel supply and return lines, and runs forward to the engine. It is not connected to anything at the rear of the car - it is one continuous line. At least that is what the sketch appears to show. Not sure what your comment "and 1 have a Fuel Filter" has to do with this?????

Yes, there are 4 lines connected to the sending unit, bot none of them is the outlet line from the canister. There is a fuel supply, a fuel return, the hose for the white plastic fuel vent valve, and the vapor line from the sending unit, through the vent pressure regulator, INTO the canister.

Once again your story has become confused. You indicated in a previous post that you had found the source of a whistling sound at the rear of the car and repaired it. When I asked you how you repaired it you said it was a vacuum leak. The only source of vacuum at the rear of the car is the line from the canister to the engine. What line did you repair at the rear of the car to get rid of the vacuum leak, and how did you repair it.

Or did you simply cause confusion once again by mixing the fuel smell/EVAP problems into your thread about ""Fuel regulator help!!!!"?

Last edited by Injuneer; 09-06-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:30 PM

Fred I made a New album please check it out. The line need to be plugged but I cant find the connector.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 z28 Fuel regulator help!!!!