General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

94 z28 high idle, runs like crap in closed loop

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 02:43 PM

Re: 94 z28 high idle, runs like crap in closed loop

The only thing that I know is special about the pulsars is they have Mercury filled insides or some bs. I built my first truck a couple years ago and I put them in and liked them, but that was a carburetor lol
Old 12-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bman4467
It was doing it with a/c delcos too, and it's all stock except for hyper tech tuning, shift kit, wix air filter, and a hollowed out cat that leaks like a siv. And yessir I had pressed the gas to make it warm up a little faster, I figured you had better things to do then watch a 30 min video lol. I did buy a cheap opti.. From Amazon. I had driaind like 4 gallons of coolant on my stock one so I just threw a new one i
But the whole point of running the data log was to analyze your idle speed issues. Once you started playing with the throttle, it wasn't idling. How long it takes to warm up may be part of the issue as well. It tells us something useful.

Not sure if we're going to learn what we wanted. At this point, rather than go through the log any more, it appears you have vacuum leaks, causing the high idle. The IAC is fully closed, but there's still too much air entering the system.

One possibility is the IAC isn't actually moving - there is no feedback on the actual position, only an indication of what position the PCM is commanding. Try Shoebox's check:

http://shbox.com/1/iac2.jpg

4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles
Old 12-03-2016, 08:13 AM

Would my vac leak be on the driver side since that's the only side it's affecting so badly?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Elevated LTFT on the driver side could be due to:

- vacuum leak located on that side

- exhaust leak before the O2 sensor on that side

- misfire on that side

- faulty injector on that side

- faulty O2 sensor or wiring on that side

Or the leak affects both sides, but there's a "slow" O2 sensor on the other side.