General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

94 sash channel broke

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:19 PM

94 sash channel broke

hey gents, I have a question. The part(sash channel I believe its called) that holds the bottom of the window to the rail in side the door which always fails on this model broke on mine recently and I can not find a spare window anywhere.

Im in the process of rigging something up that seems like it will work but are there any other ways people have found to fix this issue other than finding a new window or getting the old one welded?

I called a few welding shops and was told two things. That metal is so thin it may just melt off when they put the torch to it and the other place said that windows can shatter if a spark touches them so they said its not a good idea.

My work around was to just fix the a/c so I didnt have to mess with the window right now with school but I must have a leak because I had cold air for about 3 weeks after the recharge and now its back to hot air so its back to fixing the window. thanks for any help in advance. Also if anyone has or knows where a new window is id be happy to purchase it if I need to.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:34 AM

Re: 94 sash channel broke

Might ask Shoebox on this on.Are you talking about the rail that holds the glass or the arm thing?If your air conditioning is getting hot after a freon charge,then you have a leak.I.ve never seen anybody weld anything in the door.Keep posting,you should get some answers.My02.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:17 PM

I have the parts you need. I also have both driver and passenger window. Post a picture exactly what you need and i can verify on the doors if it can be fixed or if a whole window is needed.

Brian

94 Z28 4l60e. Reworked heads ported and polished. Cam 3" catback flowmasters. And common bolt ons.

Any help or advice i give is my 2 cents and is based on my experience with the F-Bodies. As always seek professional help for certain problems.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:29 PM

OK I did this on mine cause mine broke as well.. I took a small drill bit.. Sorry don't remember the exact size and used a tap to make a while to put a small screw with several washers since I couldn't find one short enough.. It has held up in mine so far... The piece is very small so take ur time and use s vice or something to keep it from spinning as u drill/tap the hole

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2014, 05:59 PM

Remove window from sash channel then have the post welded put wet rag around post n cover nylon roller when welding cool quick after then rerivit 2 window might need glass shop 4 install easy way is w/sash on regulator already in door
Old 03-31-2014, 08:57 PM

I second what glassman said. About a year ago my driver door window motor went out and the roller was broken off. I had taken it to a real good auto glass shop, in business for 50+ years with very skilled guys. They removed the window and drilled the rivets out. I then had the roller stub welded in proper place and they re installed it. It works great now.